Mess Manager - Gamecock Barracks
Would you be interested in joining a successful FTSE 100 organisation, who are recognised as market leaders within their sectors. An organisation, which operates in over 50 countries in 50,000 client locations, but still retains a local presence within the community
A company that prides itself on not standing still and always seeking to innovate. We’re obsessed with the details and we’re always raising the bar higher so we can make our clients’ businesses better.
Who are we?
We are the Compass Group.
ESS has been a market leader in the Defence and Government Services sectors for over 40 years. As well as providing quality catering, retail and leisure services, we offer a portfolio of superior and sustainable soft services, including: hotel, cleaning, waste management, security, event support and reception services
We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to come on board and join our team at Gamecock Barracks, (Nuneaton) as their new Mess Manager
The barracks were established, on the site of the former RAF Bramcote airbase, in 1959: it was called after HMS Gamecock, the name of the naval unit based at the site before the British Army took it overMain responsibilities
As our mess manager you will be responsible for managing the food operation within the sergeant’s mess, including the management of functions, official & unofficial functions - accommodation management, food & beverage provision, cleaning and housekeeping, functionIdeal candidate
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in:
- Proven operational management experience within a contract catering, hotel or restaurant environment
- Managing teams to deliver innovative, high quality food and beverage service.
- Being obsessive about providing great customer service and food in both the café and hospitality environment
- Sound knowledge of procedural and legislative frameworks
- Sound financial acumen and experienced in managing budgets and growing sales