Deputy General Manager - Hever Castle
7 days left
- Full Time
We have an exciting new role for a Deputy General Manager to join our team at Hever Castle.
Spanning more than 700 years, the history of Hever Castle is rich and varied. The original medieval castle was built in the thirteenth century and was once the childhood home of Anne Boleyn. You have the opportunity to support the running of all catering and hospitality requirements at this stunning location, surrounded by magnificent gardens.
We cater as an unforgettable setting for weddings, conferences and meetings as well as run a busy retail offer consisting of 2 restaurants and up to 9 separate food trucks, bars and kiosks. We are looking for an experience Deputy who is passionate about hospitality and catering to run this unique venue.Package description
- £40,000 - £45,000
- 5 out of 7 - flexibility required
- Opportunity to work at one of our most beautiful, historical venues
- Manage the team (13 F/T and 60+ variables) to deliver an excellent catering service
- Support the General Manager in overseeing all aspects of the business including retail, conference & events and corporate hospitality (t/o of £3mill)
- Deliver high standards of H&S for both sites focusing on Food Safety at all times
- Manage the P&L and keep an excellent control of costs
- Maintain what is already a strong client relationship at both sites.
- Drive sales at both sites with new concepts and ideas
- Responsible for managing the delivery of food quality and creativity across the restaurant and hospitality areas
- To ensure compliance with all statutory requirements
- Introduction of new ideas to drive the service forward
- Must have an excellent knowledge and experience of working within the events and hospitality industry
- Have managed large events within venues
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Proven experience in running successful teams
- Excellent organisational skills
- Very flexible in regards to working hours
- Experience of leading and managing teams to deliver results
- Able to work in a pressurised environment and be able to multi- task
- Experience working with clients
- Understanding of P&L accounts
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and develop great talent. That's why we offer a number of courses and qualifications for our talented Managers. For our future stars, we have The Academy and Accelerate programmes which will equip you for a career in Catering Management. For established managers, we have our Evolve programme which will hone your existing skills and add to your managerial capabilities. We’re also Edexcel approved, so you can be sure you are getting the best training available to you. So whether you are a Future Star with big aspirations or an established High Performer with a proven track record – there is a development plan for you. If this isn’t enough, we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.