We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Chef Manager to lead a team that supports high quality education at University College School in Hampstead by providing outstanding food and customer service to the pupils and staff.
You should share our passion for delivering the best service and exciting fresh and nutritious food on a daily basis - It all starts with enjoyment - great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward to and really love!
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary. Plus this is a term time only position!Main responsibilities
- As Chef Manager you will manage a team of 5 to deliver an excellent catering service through great food and excellent customer service
- Responsible for managing the delivery of food innovation within the school
- You will ensure compliance with all statutory requirements
- Effective control of costs
- Introduction of new ideas to drive the service forward
- Develop the existing teams’ knowledge and skills.
- Passionate about catering and service delivery
- Excellent craft skills
- Knowledge of food preparation and standards required
- A strong leader, with bags of enthusiasm
- Management experience within a similar environment
- Experience of management of catering services is essential
- An adaptable individual who can communicate at all levels from pupils to clients
- Very organised and enjoys working in a very busy environment
- Sound knowledge of legislative standards
- Computer literacy
- Financial and commercial acumen
Chartwells Independent is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland. We provide innovative catering, hospitality and food service by creating imaginative menus delivered with an exceptional service.
We know as a company that great food comes from great ingredients. Our Chefs use seasonal produce, adding their own individual creativity to let the food speak for itself. We pride ourselves on being able to provide a diverse range of cuisines that keep up to date with today’s trends ensuring we offer a great dining experience.
We nurture and develop our teams to enrich their skills which allows them to show their passion and inspiration that as a company we are proud encourage.