Business Development Chef
Business Development Chef – South
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, academies, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Chef to work within our education sector in the south. As the Business Development Chef you would support the business development team to generate new business and retention bids to drive sales and profitability by delivering and presenting our food offer in sales presentations and to be involved in all stages of the sales process from initial site visits to presentations and through to supporting the mobilisation of new contracts.Main responsibilities
- Prepare and deliver best in class sector appropriate food presentations to potential clients considering competitive strategies at all times
- Present with confidence on all aspects of our food offer and demonstrate thorough knowledge of Nutritional standards and all appropriate government guidelines
- Work closely with the Business Development Team to deliver winning proposals to potential clients
- Assist with mobilisation and delivering induction training days, , utilising the sector offer execution team where necessary for all activity
- Conduct regular reviews with key stakeholders to ensure presentations are in line with market trends and current offer
- Conduct regular SWOT analysis of competitors, review and act upon findings
- Working closely with Chartwells Executive Chef and Head of Offer Execution to ensure presentation of latest food offers, concepts and menus at sales proposals, driving innovation in both product and service to create differentiation.
- Work with the Ingredient and Recipe Manager and the Operation Execution Manager to support ingredient optimisation, advocating best practice that promotes Business Excellence through communications such as Cooks Ingredients and termly business reviews
- Responsible for providing clear budget tracking of cost of sales presentations throughout the year
- Excellent Presentation skills to large groups
- Ability to quickly gain credibility with key stakeholder groups
- Ability to get the best out of our people through team leadership and coaching
- Experienced Chef with proven Culinary background in a similar foodservice function
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyse and evaluate information
- Experience of using process and planning to deliver consistent result to expectations
- Obsessive about great service with client and customer focus
- Ability to proudly build our business together demonstrating Compass values and recognition principles
- Nutritional Qualification or experience of School Meals would be desirable
Chartwells is part of the Compass Group UK and Ireland which is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.