7 days left
- Part Time
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.Package description
We have an exciting opportunity for a General Assistant to join our lovely catering team at Gosport War Memorial Hospital in Gosport. Ideal candidates will be friendly, hardworking and have previous catering experience.
You will be responsible for both cleaning and beverage services on weekends only. Shift pattern will be 7:30am to 1:30pm Saturdays and Sundays covering the Arc Royal Ward.
Please note we are looking for someone who can demonstrate flexibility in their working approach as you will be required to cover both Portering and Housekeeping colleagues on an ad hoc basis. This is simply to support the team during Annual Leave and Sickness.Main responsibilities
Your main duties will include:
- Basic preparation of food and beverages
- Basic cooking under supervision
- Transporting and serving meals
- Setting up and clearing away service points and dining equipment and furniture
- Washing up
- Cleaning kitchen, scullery, dining area, access areas and furniture equipment
- Other related duties as directed
- Experience in a similiar role within a catering environment.
- Good people skills and able to work as part of a team.
- Passion about food and customer service.
- Good communication skills.
- High standards and be quality driven.
- A 'Can do' attitude
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.