Fairfax Meadow is one of the UK’s leading butchers; with over 40 years experience providing Meat & Poultry to the Pub, Restaurant and Hotel Trade. We have exciting times ahead and are now recruiting for passionate and hardworking individuals at our brand new site in Enfield, North London. We are looking for experienced Production Operatives to join our ever-growing team and to maintain the sales growth of our business and new and exciting ventures.
Picking, scanning and use of Digi for the collation of customer orders.
7am – 5pm, 5 from 6 Sunday to Friday.
12pm - 9pm, 5 from 6 Sunday to Friday.
- To ensure that correct products are picked in line with customer specifications and quantity, in the required packaging and with the correct label and weight.
- Labelling of products using BT numbers and country of origin.
- Ensure all weighing scales used are checked and correct before packing begins.
- Packing of products on swing lid and gas flush machine – ensuring all packs have a good vacuum.
- Completion of necessary paperwork i.e. metal detection/label sheets.
- Ensure all packs are metal detected correctly.
- Ensure vehicles are loaded as per instructions.
- Ensure picking and scanning is completed as required.
- Ensure the safe movement of product.
- Tidy as you go approach - ensuring all cleaning procedures are carried out diligently to maintain good hygiene.
- To inform the Factory/Production Manager of any defects in products, labelling etc.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties allocated by the Factory/Production Manager or other senior company employee.
- Assisting in other areas of production and warehouse operations as required to meet the needs of the business.
COMPANY INITIATIVES AND COMPLIANCE
- To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values at all times.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company’s policies and legislation.
- All individuals are expected to maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and participate in appropriate learning and development activities
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
Good knowledge of food hygiene is advantageous; however, full training will be given.
- Manual handling
- Basic Maths & English for picking/splitting orders, checking numbers and scanning
- Food manufacturing / warehouse experience; wet/cold working environment and some fridge/freezer environment.
- Good working knowledge of food hygiene is advantageous; however, full training will be given.
- H&S Qualification
- Scanning System knowledge
- IT literate
This is a description of the role as it is presently constituted and is a summary of the main duties but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and/or updated regularly in discussion with the post holder or as organisational focus/needs change.
Apply for Warehouse Operative
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly