Fairfax Meadow is one of the UK’s leading butchers; with over 40 years experience providing Meat & Poultry to the Pub, Restaurant and Hotel Trade. We have exciting times ahead and are now recruiting for passionate and hardworking individuals at our brand new site in Enfield, North London. We are looking for experienced Production Operatives to join our ever-growing team and to maintain the sales growth of our business and new and exciting ventures.
The collation, picking, packing and scanning of customer orders.
7am – 5pm, 5 from 6 Sunday to Friday.
- Ensure all weighing scales used are checked and correct before packing begins.
- Ensure all packs have a good vacuum.
- Ensure all packs are metal detected correctly.
- Evaluate and develop his team members.
- Ensuring all packs are correctly labelled.
- To ensure that correct products are picked in line with customer specifications and quantity, in the required packaging and with the correct label and weight.
- Ensuring all packs are metal detected correctly.
- To ensure that Hygiene and Health & Safety practices are adhered to at all times.
- To adhere to the companies Hygiene and Safety Rules.
- To inform the Factory/Production Manager of any defects in products, labelling etc.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties allocated by the Factory/Production Manager or other senior company employee.
- Ensure all documentation and returns procedures are followed.
- Ensure total compliance with statutory requirements covering Health and Safety, COSSH, Hygiene etc. is carried out.
- Ensuring all cleaning procedures are carried out diligently to maintain the good hygiene
COMPANY INITIATIVES AND COMPLIANCE:
- To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values at all times.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company’s policies and legislation.
- All individuals are expected to maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and participate in appropriate learning and development activities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- IT literate.
- A flexible approach to both duties and hours of work.
This is a description of the role as it is presently constituted and is a summary of the main duties but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and/or updated regularly in discussion with the post holder or as organisational focus/needs change.