Fairfax Meadow is one of the UK’s leading butchers; with over 40 years experience providing Meat & Poultry to the Pub, Restaurant and Hotel Trade. We have exciting times ahead and are now recruiting for passionate and hardworking individuals at our brand new site in Enfield, North London. We are looking for experienced Production Operatives to join our ever-growing team and to maintain the sales growth of our business and new and exciting ventures.
The butchery of meat in accordance with the companies’ operating procedures.
7am – 5pm, 5 from 6 Sunday to Friday
To ensure that meat is prepared to the customers’ specification and that the correct product is supplied.
- To be fully aware of each individual customer specification, including the correct raw material, yield required, presentation, packaging and labelling.
- The preparation of the required documentation to comply with ordering procedures.
- To ensure that Hygiene and Health & Safety practices are adhered to at all times.
- To adhere to the companies Hygiene and Health & Safety Rules.
- To ensure that red meat and poultry are not handled at the same time to avoid cross contamination.
- To ensure that raw meat is not handled at the same time as wrapped cooked meats to avoid cross contamination.
- To inform the Assistant Factory Manager of any problems with meats received.
- To inform the Assistant Factory Manager of any defects in equipment.
- All butchery is off the highest standards and in accordance with the customer specifications.
- That all meat used is correct for the job and complies with all traceability procedures and is of the correct origin.
- The completion of own costings on a daily basis identifying any shortfalls in yields and communicating such outcomes to the relevant management.
- That stock is held and rotated in line with requirements of the business and agreed company procedures.
- That total compliance with statutory requirements covering Health and Safety, COSSH, Hygiene etc. is carried out.
- That cleaning procedures are carried out diligently to maintain the good hygiene of the site and practicing the ethos of “clean as you go”.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties allocated by the Manager or other senior company employee.
COMPANY INITIATIVES AND COMPLIANCE
- To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values at all times.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company’s policies and legislation.
- All individuals are expected to maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and participate in appropriate learning and development activities
This is a description of the role as it is presently constituted and is a summary of the main duties but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and/or updated regularly in discussion with the post holder or as organisational focus/needs change.