Fairfax Meadow is one of the UK’s leading butchers; with over 40 years experience providing Meat & Poultry to the Pub, Restaurant and Hotel Trade. We have exciting times ahead and are now recruiting for passionate and hardworking individuals at our brand new site in Enfield, North London. We are looking for experienced Production Operatives to join our ever-growing team and to maintain the sales growth of our business and new and exciting ventures.
The efficient and profitable management of all aspects of the intake operation. This shall be achieved by way of organisation and planning the resources, to achieve optimum efficiency, together with sole responsibility for specified operations.
7am – 5pm, 5 from 6 Sunday to Friday.
- To ensure that all standards in the company manual are adhered to.
- To ensure that Hygiene practices are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure that all areas are kept clean and tidy, including the fridges, factory and perimeter, and stockrooms.
- To ensure that all staff are clean and tidy and adhere to the companies Hygiene Rules.
- To ensure that only meat of the best quality is received into the factory.
- To ensure that meat is prepared to the customers’ specification and that the correct product is supplied.
- To ensure that red meat and poultry are not handled at the same time to avoid cross contamination.
- To ensure that raw meat is not handled at the same time as wrapped cooked meats to avoid cross contamination.
- To ensure the production operation runs efficiently to maximise the companies’ profitability.
- To ensure that adequate supplies of the correct meat are available for the smooth operation of the business.
- To inform the Intake Manager of any problems with meats received.
- To inform the Intake Manager of any defects in equipment or out of specification raw materials.
- Monitor and control all external and internal supplies
- Notify the Factory Manager of staffing requirements and identify their training needs.
- Co-ordinate section activities
- Monitor, evaluate and control the activities of the team members.
- The supervision of all staff in complying with specifications, throughput requirements and yields in accordance with production schedules / orders.
- That all meat used is the correct product for the job, therefore maximising profitability.
- That the weekly stock take is accurate and completed before leaving the premises.
- That stock is held and rotated in line with requirements of the business and agreed company procedures.
- To liaise with other management to maintain the highest levels of hygiene / housekeeping.
- To liaise with other management on daily stock requirements
- To utilise staff in the most efficient / cost effective manner.
- That all employees are fully trained in operational and procedural requirements and encourage development via planned training.
- That total compliance of all resources (plant and people) in respect of statutory requirements covering Health and Safety, COSSH, Hygiene etc.
- That weighing and labelling equipment is calibrated in line with customer and legislative requirements.
COMPANY INITIATIVES AND COMPLIANCE
- To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values at all times.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company’s policies and legislation.
- All individuals are expected to maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and participate in appropriate learning and development activities
This is a description of the role as it is presently constituted and is a summary of the main duties but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and/or updated regularly in discussion with the post holder or as organisational focus/needs change.