Night Production Team Leader
Fairfax Meadow is one of the UK’s leading butchers; with over 40 years experience providing Meat & Poultry to the Pub, Restaurant and Hotel Trade. We have exciting times ahead and are now recruiting for passionate and hardworking individuals at our brand new site in Enfield, North London. We are looking for experienced Production Operatives to join our ever-growing team and to maintain the sales growth of our business and new and exciting ventures.
9pm – 5am, 5 from 6 Sunday to Friday
- Organisation of staff making best use staffing levels.
- Accurately achieve the daily despatch requirements to given deadlines.
- Ensure all finished products are accompanied with the correct traceability details and are palletised in a safe and efficient way.
- Ensure despatch vehicles and the products being despatched comply with the temperature, quality, hygiene and safety standards as required by the company.
- Maintenance of systems to provide timely, accurate stock movements, identify potential and actual shortages.
- Effective delegation of duties to appropriately trained operatives and control of their movements during the shift.
- Conduct daily team briefings and weekly performance updates with team members. Accountable to the Night Manager for departmental performance.
- Area of responsibility must comply with Fairfax Meadow standards for health and safety, and GMP standards.
- Training, development & motivation of departmental staff.
- Agree shift patterns/working hours for the team with the Night manager and communicate to all staff.
- Train, coach and motivate operatives to achieve the set standards of performance.
- Ensure all documentation is completed accurately, legibly and in a timely fashion.
- Continually monitor staff performance to ensure adherence to plan.
- Control and monitor the daily start up sheets for relevant area.
- Monitor weekly labour hours and control in such a manner as to achieve departmental budgets.
- Ensure the following health, safety and hygiene standards are met :
- Working environment is kept clean and safe, highlighting issues to the Manager
- Floor areas are kept clean and free from hazards
- All staff must comply with personal hygiene standards
- Correct and safe operation of M.H.E
- Ensure all staff comply to PPE process
- Ensure effective and precise handovers between shifts.
- Ensure all nightly reports are completed and emailed to other departments
- KPI data to be completed on time and issued to relevant staff and department heads
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- IT literate.
- A flexible approach to both duties and hours of work.
This is a description of the role as it is presently constituted and is a summary of the main duties but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and/or updated regularly in discussion with the post holder or as organisational focus/needs change.