Live in chef and front of house/general assistant partner
We are looking for two members of staff to help with the running of a small hospitality business across two sites in Salisbury, Wiltshire.
Accommodation is provided as part of the employment in a beautiful self-contained one-bedroom cottage at Bridge Farm in Britford. For this reason, a driving license and access to a means of transport is essential. A charge towards accommodation costs according to legislation will be applied (currently £7 per day per person). Mentioned salary is based on minimum 40 hours per week, with plenty of opportunity to work more hours as required.
- Adhere to opening and closing procedures for the kitchen.
- To have a hands-on approach to all kitchen duties and to get involved in all aspects i.e. cleaning duties.
- To support and communicate regularly and effectively with the Head Chef and 2nd Chef and to ensure all issues are acknowledged and discussed during their absence.
- To ensure daily administration records are complete, accurate and actioned in a timely fashion.
- To ensure freshness and flavour of all sauces through regular tastings.
- To ensure the grilling and constructing of burgers/salads is done in line with Company Standards.
- To consistently check produce before service for freshness and flavour.
- To report any issues with food quality and freshness to the Head Chef / 2nd Chef.
- To ensure all kitchen staff follow correct food and hygiene standards.
- To follow the Stock Labelling and Rotation System to ensure the products are identifiable and used in the correct order.
- To ensure the Kitchen, surrounding work surfaces and floor are kept tidy and clean at all times.
- To communicate any issues with the Kitchen’s presentation with the Head Chef and / or Manager on Duty.
- To ensure all Kitchen Staff use all Chemicals correctly.
- To help establish the Kitchen area as a positive work environment for all.
- In the absence of the HC to deal with staff issues that may arise on a day-to-day basis in the kitchen and to communicate these to the HC on their return.
- To be flexible in filling shifts as required ensuring the Kitchen is always fully staffed and managed.
- To work closely with the HC to ensure the Kitchen is fully staffed and to plan for periods of absence or for leavers.
- To keep stock usage, wastage, loss and breakages in the kitchen to a minimum level.
Front of house assistant responsibilities:
- Adhere to opening and closing duties for the business. Assist in implementing and driving promotional activities.
- Deal with any issues that arise during shift promptly and professionally, seeking advice from the duty manager where necessary.
- Ensure that the highest possible levels of customer service are delivered at all times. Assist the duty manager as and when necessary to make the business run effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure any complaints are dealt with in a prompt and professional manner, exceeding customer expectations.
- Ensure the business is clean, tidy and well presented at all times.
- Ensure the team serves all products to company and brand specification.
- Process all customer orders quickly and efficiently via the till system.
- Ensure bar is well stocked, clean and presentable.
- Partake in housekeeping responsibilities as and when needed.
- Assist in the kitchen as and when needed.