We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Second Chef to join our team. You will look after lots of hungry people, contributing to the efficient running of the kitchen. Responsible for producing a variety of dishes for the restaurant and meeting room areas to the highest standard, whilst ensuring the kitchen runs smoothly, safely and hygienically.
This role requires you to be computer literate as the role will have some involvement with Source and Foodbuy Online Ordering
In this multi-site role you will get the opportunity to work across many sites throughout the Birmingham area with no two days being the same. This is a full time 40hr week position with a varied shift patterns. As this is a multi-site role you will be required to travel, successful candidates will need a full UK Driving License and their own vehicle. Mileage will be paid for over a certain distance.Package description
- Working together with the team
- Using fresh ingredients to make good, quality food
- Cooking and preparation of high quality meals for potentially large volumes of customers
- Extensive food knowledge with the ability to cook and present fresh food to a consistently high
- Quality driven
- Have excellent culinary skills with an attention to detail
- A creative thinker with sound knowledge of the latest food trends
- Have sound knowledge of hygiene, health and safety requirements
- Self motivated with the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- A team player with experience of supervising a team within a similar environment
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services on our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.