Catering Assistant [Part Time] - The Christie Private Clinic
An exciting opportunity to join our talented Patient Dining Team has become available at the prestigious Christie Private Care, Manchester. We are currently recruiting a part time Catering Assistant to help maintain the high standards of the Food & Beverage service.
This role is ideal for an individual with a caring nature and outgoing personality. This is a part time role (15 hours per week) with flexible hours on a weekly rota basis and can be any 5 days each week.
Medirest Signature is the specialist private healthcare division of Compass Group UK & Ireland. As the UK’s leading healthcare support service provider, our aim is to improve patient satisfaction by providing the highest quality patient dining experience.Main responsibilities
Responsible for the patient meal service in the hospital, this role will involve direct interaction with Patients and Medical staff on ward areas during meal times with main duties to include:
- Deliver menus and take orders from patients, giving help and advice where necessary on allergens and dietary requirements.
- Preparing of Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner meals.
- Delivering meals directly to patients with an enthusiastic customer service.
- Offer a hot beverage round during each service.
- Clear down ward areas and wash up dirty dishes ensuring that the kitchen is fully prepared for next service.
- Liaise with ward staff to ensure patients’ needs are met in a timely manner.
- Offering a great customer service by putting the patient first.
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Previous catering experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff.
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude.
This position is subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including a Disclosure & Baring Service check (no cost to the applicant).About the company
Medirest Signature is the specialist private healthcare division of Compass Group UK & Ireland. At this contract we deliver Housekeeping and Catering services within world leading private healthcare facilities.