Reports to: Commercial Enterprise Business Manager
Salary: £23,000 - £28,000 dependent on experience
Working Hours: 35 per week
Location: Toynbee Hall, 28 Commercial Street, E1 6LS
Following five years of redevelopment, Toynbee Hall opened the doors to its historic venue in June 2018. We are now looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Events Manager with the ability to deliver outstanding events to join the team and play a pivotal role in driving Toynbee Hall’s events business forward. The Halls and the events that take place within them generate vital funds to support our charitable work.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To manage the day-to-day venue hire operations at Toynbee Hall (28 Commercial Street)
- To drive repeat business by nurturing our existing clientele and delivering a high standard of customer service
- Work with our catering partners to create packages based on the client specified requirements, taking the client’s needs and budgets into consideration as well as our commercial objectives
- To recruit, manage and support a team of casual event staff, with full accountability for rotas and staffing levels
- Continuously work to improve processes and service standards as well as meeting our commercial objectives
- Full responsibility for all relevant health and safety aspects of the role
- Complete all necessary administration in advance of and following all events
- To ensure client feedback is managed professionally and in a timely manner
- To support Commercial Manager with budget management including forecasting, cost/stock control and forward planning
- Maintain effective working relationships with all teams across the organisation, including Toynbee Hall volunteers
- To ensure that the front of house/reception team have a full range of information and are able to handle visitor enquiries about events and provide adhoc support at front of house when required
- Work with the Facilities Team to execute planned and preventative venue maintenance
- Support the Heritage Team to deliver and evaluate a programme of public events and exhibitions
- Support the wider Toynbee Hall Team in delivering events in the Halls
- Due to the nature of this role, you must be prepared to work outside of normal office hours as and when required
- Interest in social enterprise/ the charity sector
- A desire to work within a purpose driven business
- Previous experience in a similar role/hospitality is desirable, but not essential
- Enthusiastic about working in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communicator with the ability to motivate
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with an eye for detail
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
Learning and Development
Toynbee Hall provides all necessary induction and project training where necessary, and encourages and, where possible, supports the upgrading of appropriate skills and qualifications as well as other learning and development opportunities. All employees will receive regular support and supervision to facilitate their learning and development.
Volunteers are at the heart of Toynbee Hall’s work .The organisation is committed to involving volunteers in its continuous development and to offering volunteers the best of experiences. All Toynbee Hall staff members will be expected to support the volunteering ethos and to work alongside the volunteer team to promote and facilitate the involvement of volunteers wherever appropriate.
Monitoring and Evaluation
Toynbee Hall takes an outcomes and theory-based approach to its self-evaluation and monitoring. This means that the organisation is committed to gathering evidence of its effectiveness, and to using this information to learn, improve and communicate. All Toynbee Hall staff members will be expected to support this approach and to take part where appropriate in monitoring and evaluation planning and practice.
Toynbee Hall Trading Ltd.
For more information about this role and to apply please visit: http://www.toynbeehall.org.uk/get-involved/work-for-us/events-manager/