F & B Assistant
An award winning 4 Star Hotel is seeking a full-time permanent Food and Beverage Assistant, in the beautiful surrounding countryside of an established and well-known Manor House Hotel located in East Hampshire, working 45 hours per week.
The Hotel restaurant offers an organised brigade structure, allowing talented and motivated employees to progress up the career ladder, learning and developing their skills and knowledge during their career tenure, offering long term employment stability and security.
The Hotel is part of a small chain of well-known and established destination resorts located across the English Counties, in areas known for their natural beauty, relaxing and calming environments.
As a Food and Beverage Assistant you will be required to work in the bar and restaurant in order to deliver the highest standards of customer service to all audiences and visitors to the building, ensuring a welcoming, professional and accessible service to all visitors.
Key Features of the Role:
· Support the Management Team and be the vital link between them and the FOH and BOH staff.
· You will be expected to be self-motivated and lead a team through professional communication methods, as the face of the company to customers
Fully laying and clearing tables and prepare all mise-en-place required for the tables and stations before service
- Taking bookings for breakfast, lunch and dinner service and allocating seating for all guests
- Deal with customer comments and complaints initially and report these to the person in charge
- Be pleasant at all times and always have a smile on your face
- Adhering to all health and safety standards in the hotel and reporting any hazards as necessary
- Need to be flexible to shift patterns as you may be required to work evenings, weekends, public holidays and even early morning. Hours may vary dependent on days of the week and hotel attendance, so you must show willingness to extend or change your hours and days from time to time
Knowledge and Skills:
· Be an accomplished F & B Assistant ideally having worked in minimum 4 star standard hotels
· Be a great team player with good organisational skills and the ability to thrive in a very busy environment, to an award-winning Hotel standard, enhancing the company’s reputation for its facilities, great food and exceptional service.
· As a member of the front of house team you will be expected to be emotionally robust and someone who can always offer great customer service, even in the face of adversity and pressure.
- Have good knowledge of food production in order to advise customers of any nutritional and allergy requirements.
- What’s on Offer?
- A competitive basic salary of £17,680 per annum and attractive benefits package will be offered if you are successful at your trial interview.
- Contracted 45 hours per week.
- Contracted 28 days / shift annual holiday including bank holiday, which increases with service.
- Generous staff discount, Discounted Club Membership
- Subsidised meals whilst on duty.
- Employee and family member discount for mid-week residential breaks.
- Complimentary staff facility uses on successful completion of probation period.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Participation in Wider Wallet shopping discount scheme.
- Options to join private healthcare scheme.
- Training and personal development opportunities.
- Free parking.
Please do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Food and Beverage Assistant with your own transport unless you want to exercise the live-in option.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for us to hold your details on our database.
The rpc Group of Companies receives an overwhelming number of CV's /Resumes each day, and each one is reviewed personally by a Consultant. Our pre-selection process is very thorough to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
If your details meet the criteria set by our client, then we will contact you regarding the position. If you are not contacted by us, then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and should another suitable or matching vacancy become available then we will contact you. Should you not wish for your details to remain on our database then please contact us on email@example.com putting the words “Right to be Forgotten” in the subject line.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in any of the above-mentioned catering and hospitality roles and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.