Junior Sous Chef
This fantastic Gastro Pub located just outside Guildford has recently been purchased privately, and just had a major renovation of the pub itself with further plans to extend the garden area as well as the kitchen. The Kitchen is headed by a very experienced award wining Head Chef and their focus is to produce suburb fresh British pub cuisine with a little twist.
Their experienced Head Chef brings a new style of classic British cuisine to this restaurant, together with a superb front of house team they ensure that every customer enjoys a relaxing, memorable experience.
This is very much a building process and if you would like that opportunity to be part of an exciting team they require a Junior Sous Chef on a full-time basis.
Key Features of the Role:
- All food is prepared in house using fresh ingredients and local suppliers wherever possible as well creating and developing and setting the highest standards of food quality and consistency.
- You will be working under a very experienced, talented and dedicated Head Chef that is willing to teach, develop and progress the brigade.
- As a Junior Sous Chef you will be required to work across all areas of the kitchen and have the ability to confidently manage the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence.
- Most importantly you must be a Junior Sous chef with lots of energy, passion and have an enthusiastic, switched-on nature.
- As the Junior Sous Chef you are the assistant to the Sous Chef, which means you will be responsible for a majority of the same duties and responsibilities, such as inventory, kitchen staff management and food preparation.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Be an accomplished Junior Sous Chef or Senior CDP looking for the next step up
· Experience in designing regularly changing menus and embracing food culture.
· Be able to motivate the team to produce consistently great food as well as the ability to manage the team to deliver the required standards of health and safety, cleaning and food hygiene.
· Experience in ordering and stock control.
· Be confident in training and recruiting new team members and strive to be the best at what they do.
· Have good communication skills.
· Be expected to manage to costings, margin and labour costs within the kitchen.
· You will need to have your own form of reliable transport due to their location.
What’s on Offer?
- A fantastic salary starting at £20,000 up to £23,000 per annum dependent on experience.
- Tips issued, roughly an extra £2000 - £3000 per annum.
- Set days off a week as the Pub is closed every Sunday evening, Monday and Tuesdays
- Working under a very talented Head Chef who creates a fun, happy, family atmosphere.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Junior Sous Chef or Senior CDP.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for us to hold your details on our database.
The rpc Group of Companies receives an overwhelming number of CV's /Resumes each day, and each one is reviewed personally by a Consultant. Our pre-selection process is very thorough to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
If your details meet the criteria set by our client, then we will contact you regarding the position. If you are not contacted by us, then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and should another suitable or matching vacancy become available then we will contact you. Should you not wish for your details to remain on our database then please contact us on email@example.com putting the words “Right to be Forgotten” in the subject line.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.