Chef de Partie
The Company is an award wining group of gastro pubs with rooms, many of their establishments have been awarded with accolades and they are very much a food focused company with each pub having its own identity.
This Gastro Pub situated just outside the Andover area and are seeking a Chef de Partie on a full-time permanent basis to join their award-winning kitchen brigade.
This particular Gastro Pub’s kitchen is managed by a very talented Head Chef that has been awarded a 1 rosette. The passion and aim for this pub are to create fantastic fresh traditional English cuisine with a little French twist and ultimately would like to progress further with more accolades.
This role would be ideal for an existing Chef de Partie or a Senior Chef de Partie that would like the experience to work in a vibrant, busy award-winning kitchen and be a part of the team that will no doubt win more awards in the near future.
Key Features of the Role:
- As Chef de Partie, you will work in conjunction with service staff to ensure a high level of service is received by the guest. Maintaining channels of clear communication between all Teams and Departments.
- As a Chef de Partie you are a vital part of the brigade system. Each Chef de Partie is responsible for running a specific section of the kitchen when it comes to service time but also will have to have a broader knowledge of every section.
- As this is a 1 rosette kitchen you must have great understanding of food combinations and seasonal cooking as you will be able to have input with the ever-changing A la Carte menu and specials.
- Managing and training any Demi-Chef de Parties or Commis Chefs working with you making sure that they are competent, confident and organised to produce food to a rosette standard.
- Assist other Chefs and the Sous Chef when Head Chef is absent, take responsibility for food cost and wastage, cleanliness, hygiene, stock control, organization and section standards.
Knowledge and Skills:
· An accomplished Chef de Partie, ideally with experience of working in a fresh food kitchen to a rosette standard and at a similar position, or as a Senior Chef de Partie.
· Your practical Chef de Partie experience should ideally be supported by some form of catering qualification.
· Previous experience in a similar role requiring a broad food knowledge and precise attention to detail is essential especially when working to a rosette standard.
· You must have experience and a desire to work with fresh and quality ingredients and possess ambition to continually improve yourself the business.
· You will need to have your own form of reliable transport due to their location, should you not require accommodation.
· You must be self-motivated, able to motivate others, possess excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills so that you can demonstrate in a trial interview, attention to detail and high standards.
What’s on Offer?
- A competitive basic salary ranging from £18,000 - £20,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
- Tips will be issued, roughly an extra £3000 per annum on top of your basic salary.
- Working in a One Rosette Kitchen
- You will be working under very talented, award wining Head Chef and his brigade.
- Accommodation can be provided if required.
- Industry Training courses.
- Discounts across the estate.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Chef de Partie / CDP.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for us to hold your details on our database.
The rpc Group of Companies receives an overwhelming number of CV's /Resumes each day, and each one is reviewed personally by a Consultant. Our pre-selection process is very thorough to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
If your details meet the criteria set by our client, then we will contact you regarding the position. If you are not contacted by us, then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and should another suitable or matching vacancy become available then we will contact you. Should you not wish for your details to remain on our database then please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org putting the words “Right to be Forgotten” in the subject line.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.