A truly stunning countryside Inn set in a small village between Midhurst and Pulborough. This excellent Public House is in the heart of the rolling South Downs and is certainly a destination Pub with stunning country side views.
With a large restaurant and garden, it can quickly become a very busy and bustling pub, but it also has an intimate private dining room which seats up to 10 guests and is ideal for special occasions, meetings and workshops.
Key Features of the Role:
The Company takes great pride in the quality of the local fresh food and the great drinks they serve, the diversity and knowledge of their food and drinks and the attentive, passionate and friendly staff they employ all adds to the guests experience and expectations.
You will be the figure head and driving force for this Inn, making sure that standards are at their highest and that all staff are fully trained and supported for their day to day role, aware of brand values and offering excellent customer service.
You will be responsible for recruitment, health and safety, venue maintenance, training, coaching, staff development, venue marketing and advertising, budgets, accounts, P and L and meeting company budgets etc.
You will work 5 days a week, utilising the strengths of your team to run a smooth operation, which will have seasonal highs and lows, so managing staff and guest expectations during these seasonal changes is a key part of the role
As General Manager you will need to work closely with the kitchen to make sure that they can manage with food orders, as staggering might be required during busy periods. As the venue serves food for breakfast, lunch and dinner service 7 days per week, in a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Be an accomplished Hospitality General Manager
· You should have experience in FOH and BOH team management, with a team ranging from 30-40 staff.
· Your practical experience should ideally be supported by some form of catering and hospitality qualification.
· Have a thorough knowledge about marketing strategies
· Experience working within rosette establishment is preferred but not essential
· Have proficient leadership, organisational and supervisory skills
· Have a passion for staff training and development, promoting brand values and high levels of customer service standards in a fun but challenging environment.
· Be dependable and professional
· Have superior training and presentation skills
· Able to effectively manage teams and employees
· Have first-rate skills in understanding, creating and analysing financial reports or budgets
· Able to produce high level of quality service to colleagues
· Be a food lover with good knowledge of food, wine and spirits
· Have an eye for quality control and ability to uphold the company’s standards
What’s on Offer?
A competitive basic salary ranging from £35,000 - £40,000 per annum Bonus and profit share scheme Discounts across the group Free Parking Meals on duty Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Hospitality General Manager
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for us to hold your details on our database.
The rpc Group of Companies receives an overwhelming number of CV's /Resumes each day, and each one is reviewed personally by a Consultant. Our pre-selection process is very thorough to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
If your details meet the criteria set by our client, then we will contact you regarding the position. If you are not contacted by us, then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and should another suitable or matching vacancy become available then we will contact you. Should you not wish for your details to remain on our database then please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org putting the words “Right to be Forgotten” in the subject line.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.