An award-winning luxury 4 Star, 1 rosette Hotel is seeking a full-time permanent Head Chef in their 1 rosette restaurant, The Hotel is set in the heart of Cheshire surrounded by beautiful countryside with its own leisure activities.
The Hotel has 3 eating outlets from its champagne bar offering light snacks and cream teas, a relaxed brassiere serving lunch to a formal 1 rosette restaurant for the evening dinner. With the capacity and suburb surroundings they also accommodate many weddings and conferences throughout the year
The Hotel is part of a small chain of well-known and established destination resorts located across the English Counties, in areas known for their natural beauty, relaxing and calming environments.
As Head Chef you are responsible for the management and running of the kitchen ensuring all food is prepared to the highest standard and providing a fine dining experience to the Hotels guests.
Key Features of the Role:
- In conjunction with the Group Executive Chef, you will be involved in the development and design of the menu considering the nutritional requirement of the companies Healthy Eating Policy.
- Overall responsibility for the preparation and presentation of our buffets and food on the menus.
- Updating the People System in relation to new starters and leavers, rotas, absences etc. Ensuring staff have log-ins and training staff where necessary.
- Review the Department’s payroll on a monthly basis as per the timetable and reporting any deviations to the General Manager.
- Responsible for the hygiene standards of the kitchen
· Attend and contribute to any meetings and training courses as required and ensure staff in the department attend.
· Ensures that health and safety standards are maintained in the kitchen and action/report any hazards as necessary.
· Comply and with all Company Policy and Procedures
Knowledge and Skills:
- Be an existing Head Chef with Hotel experience and preferably fine dining / rosette experience.
- As the Head Chef you will need to have great management skills as you will be responsible for recruiting, managing, training and performance of all kitchen team members to the company’s high standards; to include staff appraisals, probationary reviews, and conducting hearings when required in line with company policies.
- Able to forecast and make sure correct food stock levels are in place daily as well as managing the stock control, food COS to budget and meeting budgets
· Ensure adequate rostered staffing levels and delegating kitchen responsibilities where necessary as per the business needs and forecasting.
· Ensure clear communication is maintained between the Kitchen, Restaurant and other Departments.
What’s on Offer?
- A competitive basic salary of £30,000 per annum
- Contracted 28 days / shift annual holiday including bank holiday, which increases with service.
- Generous staff discount, Discounted Club Membership, Subsidised meals whilst on duty.
- Employee and family member discount for mid-week residential breaks.
- Complimentary staff facility uses on successful completion of probation period.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Participation in Wider Wallet shopping discount scheme.
- Options to join private healthcare scheme.
- Training and personal development opportunities.
- Free parking.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Head Chef
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for us to hold your details on our database.
The rpc Group of Companies receives an overwhelming number of CV's /Resumes each day, and each one is reviewed personally by a Consultant. Our pre-selection process is very thorough to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
If your details meet the criteria set by our client, then we will contact you regarding the position. If you are not contacted by us, then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and should another suitable or matching vacancy become available then we will contact you. Should you not wish for your details to remain on our database then please contact us on email@example.com putting the words “Right to be Forgotten” in the subject line.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.