A great opportunity has arose to join our our highly motivated and focused Portering team who deliver outstanding customer service at this prestigious contract with King's College Hospital. Our Portering Team provides a service to all patients, consultants and visitors.Main responsibilities
A Porter has a high level of customer contact and is extremely varied:
- Transferring patients throughout the hospital,
- Delivering stock and equipment around the hospital
- Control and removal of clinical waste in line with our safety policy.
- Taking blood samples, specimens and medication around the hospital in a timely and pleasant manner.
- To take linen, case notes and the removal and disposal of waste of which some duties can be heavy.
- Transport the deceased to the mortuary
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff.
- Awareness of high patient cares standards
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Flexible to work early morning, afternoon and night shifts 5 days over 7 including weekends