We are CH&CO, a group of chefs, nutritionists and people pleasers with a shared passion for food that fuels emotional positivity as well as physical wellbeing. In a world where what we consume is becoming ever faster and more disposable, we’re proud to take a more thoughtful, mindful approach to the food experiences we source, prepare and present.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Barista/Catering assistant to join our team at Williams Racing near Wantage, Oxfordshire. The successful candidate will be working in a brand-new catering facility delivering First class service to guests, visitors and employees. This role includes working in a busy team to support the delivery of hot beverage and food services.
Hours: 32.5 Hours per week (06:30 to 13:30 including break)
Overall Purpose of the Job:
Performing a variety of tasks associated with coffee production and service in the catering unit
You will work with your colleagues, to bring the best out in each other and form a ‘world class’ team. You will recognise and respect we are all different, have different values and experience.
You will be proud to work at CH&Co and be happy at work giving world class service to our customers. You will always positively promote the business.
You will work hard and be positive in all you do and use your initiative in creating new ideas and solutions. You will turn each challenge into a positive result.
You will want to be the best in all you do, always aiming to improve your skills. You will continue to aim for the highest standard of service and ensure you and your colleagues go the extra mile.
You will act responsibly in all you do and ensure that you are energy efficient and protect the environment. You take responsibility for your own health at work and that of others around you.
- To ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers
- To take responsibility for all areas of coffee production, creation and design.
- To make sure coffee produced on site meets the clients expectations whilst following company standards and procedures for health and hygiene.
- To ensure that all the unit standards, administration, payroll, cash control, stock control and security procedures are accurate and in accordance with CH&Co policies and procedures
- To report all accidents, breakages, losses, unsafe working conditions and any other irregularities
- To ensure a standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygieneWork in a safe and tidy manner at all times.
- To ensure that point of sale materials are correct and descriptive menus accompany all dishes and adequately represent the dish they support.
- To strive to continually exceed Customer expectations and provide excellent customer careTo report and where possible take action about customer or client complaints or compliments
- To be responsible for the preparation, service and presentation of food and beverages and other catering requestsAdhere to coffee brand specifications
- Ensure quality coffee productions to the highest standard
- Provide cover in other areas if requiredTo undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by management
- To ensure you adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance as set out in Company handbook
- To be a committed and motivated Team member focused on the delivery of CH&Co values
- To ensure you maximise selling opportunities by having full product knowledge of all items available
- To maintain a happy and helpful manner and attitude throughout your work.
- Be polite and courteous and help your colleaguesParticipate in staff meetings and training as required
- To maximise uptake and spend per head.
- To maximise profit conversion through controlling wastage and cash control.
- To protect all company property in the unit and maintain all such property in a manner of good and safe repair.