We are CH&CO, a group of chefs, nutritionists and people pleasers with a shared passion for food that fuels emotional positivity as well as physical wellbeing. In a world where what we consume is becoming ever faster and more disposable, we’re proud to take a more thoughtful, mindful approach to the food experiences we source, prepare and present.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Catering Manager to join our team at Williams Racing near Wantage, Oxfordshire. The successful candidate will Manage the food services across site including the famous Williams Conference centre and a brand-new restaurant facility delivering first class hospitality and service to guests, visitors and employees. This role includes managing two busy team’s and the day to day client relationship. Your team will also support the race team at track side during the 2019 F1 season.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To manage an efficient and effective catering operation in accordance with client requirements, company standards and statutory regulations.
You will build a strong and successful relationship with both the CH&Co client and suppliers team bringing out the best in each other, you will recognise and respect the different values, backgrounds, ideas and experience of all team members using these openly to find solutions and achieve results to make the company profitable.
You will be proud of our business and delight our customers through the excellent quality and service of our food. You will protect business integrity and positively promote the business at every opportunity. You will create an energetic and fun environment in the work place where everyone grows.
You will seek and create innovative ideas and solutions through working hard in all you do. You will continue to find interesting and positive outcomes to move your business forward. You will create an environment in the work place where everyone is encouraged to be brave and ambitious.
You will endeavour to be the best and not become complacent, always aiming to improve all that you do. You will continue to aim for the highest standard of service and ensure you and your colleagues go the extra mile. You will always aim to meet or exceed Unit targets or budgets.
You will work hard to improve and create a positive contribution to the health and well being of your customers, clients and colleagues. You will take responsibility for your actions and demonstrate a commitment to integrity, and the environment.
- To ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers
- To ensure that all the unit standards, administration, payroll, cash control, stock control and security procedures are accurate and in accordance with CH&Co policies and procedures
- To ensure full catering services are provided as agreed within the client contract.
- To continually strive to offer new food trends and ideas to the client with the overall purpose of developing exciting menus and ensuring that the unit is continually offering new products and stays ahead of our competitors.
- Organise work throughout the unit in a manner that facilitates efficient customer service and profitable operations
- To ensure all employees in the unit adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance as set out in Company handbook
- To ensure through effective communication, that all unit employees consistently demonstrate an excellent level of customer care, selling techniques, merchandising skills and knowledge of current promotions
- To ensure recruitment, induction, training, promotion, performance management, development and discipline of all employees occurs in the units.
- Full job performance of all employees to be achieved through accordance with company employment and equal opportunities policies. Appropriate records must be kept.
- To strive to continually exceed customer expectations and provide excellent customer care.
- Develop future budget, planning and delivery along with Operation’s Manager.
- To maximise sales generation through effective implementation of CH&Co marketing plans.
- To grow the business in the unit through maximising uptake and spend per head
- To ensure that all purchases are for fresh ingredients (where possible) and are from nominated suppliers using purchasing policy and price file on company intranet
- To maximise profit conversion through ensuring tight control of resources and cash control.
- Investigate revenue shortfalls and cost overspends relating to financial results for the unit and take action as necessary
- To ensure every possible effort is made to achieve unit turnover and profit targets
- To initiate and implement action plans appropriate to the achievement of the unit budget.