Head of Golf Operations - St Andrews
A truly unique opportunity as a Head of Golf Operations has arisen as part of The Experience Team St Andrews. We arrange luxury golf breaks and experiences for our customers, and are looking for a passionate and experienced Head of Sales/Head of Operations from a golfing background to join us at this prestigious contract.
As Head of Golf Operations you will lead a strong team to manage the end to end customer experience. You will inspire your team to deliver exceptional service to our golfers and guests, review business performance and ensure delivery of key financial targets and present the face of Scottish hospitality at its finest and deliver a golf tour experience of the very highest standards
- Competitive package and benefits
- Unique opportunity at one of our most prestigious venues
- Flexibility with working hours essential
- Passion for golf - a must!
- To build, lead and manage an effective team with clear development & succession plans
- To hold regular communications with your direct reports & indirect teams
- To manage & ensure that all costs associated with your business are managed & controlled
- To ensure that the team understand all relevant areas of financial performance
- To agree commercially viable solutions to client service demands
- Always seeking new and efficient ways of working through development of systems and databases
- Accountable for profit delivery against budget
- To ensure that positive and healthy relationships exist with the client
- To be the main driver and owner of the senior client relationships
- Conduct site inspections and familiarisation trips
- To ensure all customers are contacted post event for feedback and a record of resultant actions is maintained. A file for testimonials is also maintained.
- Share results of feedback with stakeholders including plans to enhance current performance
- Continually developing new products and suppliers, including hotels, golf courses etc
- To proactively drive sales for The Experience via all supplier relationships and enquiries
- Maintaining and developing existing trade relationships and developing new as required
- Continuously identifying new event opportunities
- Achieve sales against pace
- To take responsibility for the financial and sales numbers for the St Andrews team
- To encourage team to retain contacts with all clients to encourage return and referral bookings
- Experience in tourism / travel / golf industries
- Knowledge of golf & associated geography
- Significant B2B and B2C sales experience within the Corporate Hospitality Industry
- A thorough and systematic approach to managing data (CRM: Microsoft Dynamics)
- Interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to nurture relationships is a must
- Exceptionally strong negotiating and written skills with a need to be articulate, persistent, persuasive and honest
- Experience of working with high end & demanding clients
- IT proficient (Excel / CRM)
- Commercial acumen as in addition to budget management, ongoing reporting alongside historic analysis will be a key requirement
- Organised and a flexible approach to working hours is essential as work will encompass evenings and weekends at peak times
- Marketing understanding – although support is provided (within the Keith Prowse team) a functional knowledge of brand, website, SEO, e-communications, advertising etc would be advantageous
- Ability to manage & inspire the team and a proven track record in managing, developing and retaining a team
- A sense of humour!
The love of a sport and appreciation of its history can turn a simple game into a rich experience. If there’s one venue where golf has come to mean so much more than swings, drives, chips and putts alone, it is St Andrews. The Experience St Andrews – formerly the Old Course Experience – is a long standing Authorised Provider of Old Course Tee Times by the St Andrews Links Trust. This makes us one of the few suppliers able to provide guaranteed tee times for the Old Course.