Hospitality & Events Manager
We are CH&CO, a group of chefs, nutritionists and people pleasers with a shared passion for food that fuels emotional positivity as well as physical wellbeing. In a world where what we consume is becoming ever faster and more disposable, we’re proud to take a more thoughtful, mindful approach to the food experiences we source, prepare and present.
A great opportunity has arisen for a Hospitality Manager within the historical Royal Society of Arts building. £28,000.
We are looking for energetic and friendly professionals with a genuine attitude for delivering great customer service, a passion for hospitality and a strong interest in food, drink & events. We are looking for someone able to easily thrive in a high volume and pressure environment, always ready to go the extra mile to make sure our customers have a five-star experience. Applicants must have at least 2 years’ experience within a similar role including managing Hospitality supervisors
RSA has several versatile meeting rooms and 3 bigger events spaces that caterer for 50-220 guests in a corporate & private setting. Private weddings are held throughout the year with exclusive hire of the full house.
- Ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers.
- To ensure that all the unit standards, administration, payroll, cash control, stock control and security procedures are accurate and in accordance with CH&Co policies and procedures.
- To ensure that hospitality & event catering services are provided as agreed within the client contract and subsequent amendments.
- To continually strive to offer new food trends and ideas to the Event clients & General Manager with the overall purpose of working with the Head Chef to developing exciting menus and ensuring that the unit is continually offering new products and stays ahead of our competitors.
- Organise work throughout the unit in a manner that facilitates efficient customer service and profitable operations.
- Be overall responsible for the delivery of service of Events & Hospitality at Aldgate TowerReport all accidents, breakages, losses, unsafe working conditions and any other irregularities.
- Ensure a standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene.
- Work in a safe and tidy manner at all times.
- Conduct and monitor all stocktaking procedures ensuring minimal risk of waste.
- To ensure efficient running of all functions and services at required times.
- To ensure all beverages and food is available when required, in a timely fashion.
- To ensure all beverages and food in relation to Hospitality & Events is up to quality standard and delivered with excellent customer service.
- To report and where possible take action on customer or client complaints or compliments.
- To strive to continually exceed Customer expectations and provide excellent customer care.
- To work with each client individually to organise & plan their events taking into consideration financial & operational restraints and to guide each client through the event planning process.
- Review all equipment in the department on a regular basis to ensure it is up to standard highlighting to the General Manager & Client if stock levels are low or an item of equipment is unsuitable for the role.
- Role model pro-active approach to tasks as a committed and motivated team member focused on the delivery of CH&Co values.
- To ensure effective selling opportunities are supported by all staff having full product knowledge of all items available.
- Deal with all levels of staff both externally and internally in a professional manner.
- Manage and drive the completion of all compulsory training with all team members.
- Manage agency staff through booking, receiving onsite, completing site inductions and running of the staff throughout an event.
- To ensure all employees in the departments adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance as set out in Company handbook.
- Ensure that all unit employees consistently demonstrate an excellent level of customer care, selling techniques, merchandising skills and knowledge of current promotions.
- Ensure recruitment, induction, training, promotion, performance management, development and discipline of all employees occurs in the units. Full job performance of all employees to be achieved through accordance with company employment and equal opportunities policies. Appropriate records must be kept.
- To conduct Monthly HIG chats & Annual Appraisals with your direct reports feeding back any meeting outcomes and actions to the GM
- Develop future budget, planning and delivery along with General Manager.
- To control costs relating to hospitality & events working with the Head Chef & General Manager.
- To ensure correct and complete recharging is done for all events and hospitality deliveries
- To maximise sales generation through effective implementation of CH&Co marketing plans.
- To grow the business in the unit through maximising uptake and spend per head.
- To ensure that all purchases are for fresh ingredients (where possible) and are from nominated suppliers using purchasing policy and price file on company intranet.
- To maximise profit conversion through ensuring tight control of resources and cash control.
- Work with the General Manager to investigate revenue shortfalls and cost overspends relating to financial results for the unit and take action as necessary.
- To ensure every possible effort is made to achieve unit turnover and profit targets
- To assist in implementing action plans appropriate to the achievement of the unit budget.