Part Time Barista
Looking for a new opportunity? A step towards your new career? Or maybe you want to move up a level and take on more responsibility?
Look no further as we have a jaw dropping and exciting opportunity for a experienced and highly talented Barista to provide the highest level of customer service to clients and customers in a coffee service environment, whilst ensuring maximum sales are achieved through promotional activity, product knowledge and upselling at every opportunity.
We are looking for an experienced Barista to work 24 hours a week on a part time basis.Main responsibilities
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- To make sure you are aware of, and meet the legal and Company requirements for fire, safety, health and hygiene
- To report health and safety issues to your line manager, including all accidents and near misses
- To promote good safety habits and methods of work
- To serve customers with products / hot and cold food / beverages on a counter during service times.
- To ensure all displays, counters and seating areas (if applicable)comply with company and statutory health and hygiene requirements
- To assist in the preparation of hospitality if required To keep clean all work areas during and after opening hours and remove all waste to the appropriate area
- To observe and comply with all company and unit procedures relating to cash handling and security, reporting any issues to your line manager.
- To receive stock, store and check for quality and quantity; ensuring that all stock is dated and rotated.
- To operate machinery as shown and trained to do so, ensuring that the equipment is used safely and in accordance with current regulations and company policies
- To be polite, professional and friendly at all times with customers, clients and colleagues
- To ensure the highest level of customer care is adhered to at all times
- To demonstrate a can?do attitude towards individual customer requests and strive to exceed customer expectations
- To maximise all sales opportunities through selling techniques
- To accept payment and give change to customers, including operating a till
- To acquire a good knowledge of all products in order to be able to advise individual customers on their product choice
- To actively gain customer feedback, passing information gained onto your line manager.
- Be prepared to assist colleagues in a willing and positive manner including assisting with other duties as required Be prepared to attend all relevant training sessions and meetings
- To promote Compass Group and maintain a positive company image
We're looking for someone who has the following qualities:
Displays a responsible, flexible can do approach to work duties with a passion to provide high standards of customer care. Someone who can maximise sales opportunities and supports colleagues to achieve personal and team goals.
- Good verbal communication skills in order to be able to liaise with a wide range of visitors to your work area.
- Experience in customer service environment.
- Experience of working in a pure retail environment
- Experience of working in environments involving high levels of customer care NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Retail Skills or Customer Service
If this role is right for you and you match our criteria of highly honed skills and qualities - do not hesitate, please apply today!
We look forward to receiving your CV.About the company
Healthcare Retail, part of Medirest, is passionate about delivering excellent products, standards and customer service to patients, staff and visitors in over 50 NHS hospitals around the UK through convenience and catering retail formats. The portfolio comprises many high street brand franchises including Costa Coffee and M&S Simply Food as well as a selection of in-house brands.