Security Supervisor Ealing Hospital
We are currently seeking enthusiastic SIA and CCTV licensed Security Supervisors to join our team at the London North West University Healthcare (LNWUH) NHS trust. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work across all associated sites; Northwick Park & St Marks hospital, Ealing Hospital and Central Middlesex Hospital.
The shifts will generally be 12 hours and there are positions available for night shifts, day shifts and a mix of the two. Although you will be given a shift pattern and base location, you will need to be flexible in your approach to working hours, days and locations. There will be overtime available across all sites.Main responsibilities
- Maintain high profile internal and external patrols across the site. Activate or de-activate alarm systems. Ensure schedules of checks are followed and in accordance with procedures.
- Respond promptly and effectively to all security requests, including when staff are faced with violent or abusive patients, visitors or members of the public, through undertaking conflict resolution strategies and de-escalation techniques.
- Ability and willingness to, if necessary, utilise reasonable force to control, restrain or remove patients or visitor from site – in accordance with the Use of Force policy, SIA physical intervention guidelines and any other training provided.
- Complete daily reports of accidents or incidents in line with the agreed procedure, ensuring all necessary action is taken and recorded.
- Control and issue of badges, maintaining the ID badge database as well as all security controlled keys and other equipment.
- Use of IT software in relation to security operations.
- Operation of closed circuit television surveillance in accordance with operational instructions, approved Code of Practice and GDP Regulations
- Take the lead on their shift ensuring a safe, decent and secure environment for all staff, patients and visitors.
- Conduct appropriate first line management responsibilities for allocated Security Officers, including appraisals and ensuring compulsory training is up to date
- To be responsible for the prompt and allocation of security work requests received via telephone or in person from service users.
- Direct security officers on shift to ensure efficient delivery of the security service contract
- Assist the Senior Site Officer and Security Manager with compiling reports and statistics for client meetings and monthly report submissions
- To liaise with the Security Manager to resolve any issues that may arise during their shift and make decisions as appropriate.
- To report any problems or concerns relating to Security staff actively.
- To promote good communication at all times with all service user groups and colleagues across the Trust
- To undertake any other reasonable tasked required of them by the Security Manager or Medirest Site Operations Manager.
Hold a valid SIA door supervision and CCTV license.
Possess good IT skills
Customer driven with excellent communication skills
Confidentiality - ensure that information regarding patients, staff and visitors is secure and personal details are not divulged under any circumstances.
Understanding of a range of routine work procedures and protocols and ability to understand and implement site assignment instructions.
Previous experience of working in a Security role essential, experience of the healthcare sector would be an advantage.
Previous experience of a performing supervisory role
A flexible approach to working hours and travelling across all sites is essentialAbout the company
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision, we live by the values of Integrity, Team work, Passion, Can-Do and Responsibility.