Deputy General Manager
We are looking for a Deputy General Manager for our luxury retail store based in central London. The role will be focused on managing and developing the team of 30-40 employees. You will be driving business growth through all means possible while motivating the team and building on the client relationship. We are looking for a bright, innovative self starter, someone with ideas and enthusiasm to help drive the business forward.Package description
Up to £27,000 based on experience
5 out of 7 days - weekends required
An exciting opportunity at a luxury retail department store in the heart of London!Main responsibilities
- To plan, lead and execute the smooth delivery of all operations within the contract.
- Assist the General Manager in the running of the business and take responsibility for leading the operation
- Take control of the account in terms of costs, ordering, staffing levels and standards.
- The Deputy General Manager must lead by example, be energetic and motivate the team, practice good financial controls and deliver operational excellence across all aspects of the business.
- The Deputy General Manager must also assist in building and maintaining team, client and customer relations to successfully fill the role.
- Be responsible for and lead by example with all aspects of HSE.
- Experience of a similar role within an events environment
- Strong organisation and communication skills
- Computer literate
- Financially aware
- Willing to learn
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Strong leadership qualities
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- Creative in thinking and approach
- Industry awareness
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and develop great talent. That's why we offer a number of courses and qualifications for our talented Managers. For our future stars, we have The Academy and Accelerate programmes which will equip you for a career in Catering Management. For established managers, we have our Evolve programme which will hone your existing skills and add to your managerial capabilities. We’re also Edexcel approved, so you can be sure you are getting the best training available to you. So whether you are a Future Star with big aspirations or an established High Performer with a proven track record – there is a development plan for you. If this isn’t enough, we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.