Head Chef - South East London
HEAD CHEF - UP TO £35,000
FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY - HIGH PROFILE, FLAGSHIP CONTRACT, SOUTH EAST LONDON
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. You will be part of a team that supports the high quality education at this university by providing outstanding food and service to the students and staff.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Head Chef to join our catering team at this prestigious education contract based in South East London.
You will be leading a team who have a passion for preparing food on a daily basis using the finest fresh locally sourced ingredients.
The Head Chef will be an ambassador for Chartwells and the University for all things food related, we strive to innovate our food offer and keep abreast of current food trends remaining competitive with any High Street food offer in terms of Food quality, presentation and style.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an inspirational and enthusiastic Head Chef to make a name for themselves within the contract catering industry.
It all starts with enjoyment - great tasting, healthy food that students look forward to and really enjoy.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.Main responsibilities
- Work with the team on food production covering pupil and staff feeding by providing practical hands on support, expertise and innovation
- The Head Chef will organise and be involved in the preparation and cooking of food for functions and events ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced at all times
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for hospitality events
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
- The Head Chef will also be required to provide function costs to facilitate budgetary control
- Manage the kitchen team including chefs and porters
- Proven experience in a role as Head Chef being able to demonstrate a track record of catering for large numbers but at the same time making the customer feel that their meal has been individually prepared for them.
- Have a ‘big personality’ .Great people skills and be able to develop, train and inspire a large team.
- Have a real passion for food and customer service along with bags of enthusiasm.
- Food Innovation and development is essential along with being up to date with current food trends
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Superb culinary skills
- Good financial understanding
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- A 'Can do' attitude
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.