Tired of working weekends, late nights and want more holidays to enjoy a family life? Then this could be for you. We have great opportunity for a Tonbridge Grammar School in Kent.
We are seeking a Catering Manager who has a passion for food and has excellent culinary skills, who has experience working in a busy environment. The Catering Manager will be managing a team of 11 to cater for c 1200 students and teachers, cooking food all from fresh produce.
The Catering will be responsible for the full operation managing the team with the support of an Executive Chef. If you enjoy working with students, then this could be the job for you.
All applicants will need to undergo DBS checks.Package description
Up to £26k dependent on experience
Easily accessible via public transport
Opportunity to join the Compass share and pension scheme
Up to 10% discount in various high street stores
Plenty of opportunity to progress within the companyMain responsibilities
- Catering for the students and teachers
- All food is cooked from fresh
- Overseeing the restaurant and retail shop with a motivated team
- Responsible for the P&L accounts
- Fully responsible for the front and back of house
- Training and motivating staff
- Build an excellent relationship with the client
- Ensure all customer requirements are delivered in line with the expectation
- Have a can do attitude
- Good team player
- Able to motivate staff and be a strong leader
- Be passionate about food
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Love to work with students
- Strong financial awareness of the business
- Be passionate about food and always working to very high standards
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.