Temporary Sales and Bookings Assistant
events and catering for meetings and conferences.
The Great Hall, housed within the distinctive Lanyon Building, has developed an enviable reputation for weddings in one of the most unique venues in Northern Ireland. It is complimented by the Black and White Hall, Canada Room, Council Chamber and Naughton Gallery all of which can be utilised for pre-dinner receptions. The Old Staff Common Room, The Sir William Whitla Hall and Riddel Hall are self-contained venues suitable for meetings, conferences, lunch and dinner.
As part of the Campus Food and Drink Unit, the post will primarily be based at the picturesque Riddel Hall Building on Stranmillis Road. The post holder will provide a professional and effective interface with prospective new and existing clients. They will deal with a wide range of enquiries and will assist with the planning and operational delivery of events.
The role requires and enthusiastic and charismatic personality who can provide an excellent customer experience and be the first point of contact for the University. The post-holder will deal with a wide range of enquiries and undertake cold calling to make sales enquiries and secure business in order to meet and exceed monthly targets.
This post is available until 31 December 2019.
The successful candidate must have:
• A minimum of 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above (or equivalent) to include English Language and Mathematics or NVQ Level 2 Administration.
• (Applicants must demonstrate evidence of relevant qualifications at the level stated. Only stating higher qualifications will not be accepted. Candidates who do not provide evidence of the qualifications as stated will not be shortlisted.)
• Minimum 2 years’ relevant sales/telesales experience working in a Hotel, Conference Centre, Arts Centre or similar environment, to include:
• Experience of researching, prospecting and making telesales appointments to secure new business.
• Experience of involvement in sales campaigns and meeting monthly sales targets
Further information about the Directorate can be found at www.eatatqueens.com/
Anticipated interview date: Tuesday 19 February 2019
Salary scale: £17,751 - £20,836 per annum (potential to progress to £22,017 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Monday 4 February 2019
For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link on our website by clicking apply. You must clearly demonstrate how you are meeting the criteria on your application form. For further information or assistance contact Resourcing Team, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on email@example.com
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.