Marketing, Comms & Engagement Manager
Are you passionate about marketing & changing the way people see, interact and enjoy food? Can you inspire change and help us fuel the next big idea working alongside a best in class team? If you have an insatiable appetite for mouth watering marketing, authentic engagement, creative craveable communications, then you could be our next Marketing, Communication and Engagement Manager.
Take your seat at the table!Main responsibilities
The Food program’s vision is to inspire and enable the world to make food choices and use food experiences to develop more sustainable lifestyles and communities. The Food program’s mission is to inspire and enable the community members to make food choices and enjoy food experiences that support them in being their best. Based on the program’s vision and mission, the Client Food Team has developed a clearly defined strategy that puts a strong emphasis on collaboration, innovation, the Responsible Business framework, and Behavioral Economics.
The Marketing, Communications and Engagement team exists to support the global Client Food program and its values both to their employees, and to the vendor partners.
The Marketing, Communications & Engagement Manager (MCE) will work closely with the Regional and global marketing team to help bring our partner’s vision and mission to life in EMEA. The MCE Manager is a champion, guardian, advocate and ambassador of the food brand. The major responsibility of the role is to deliver a high level of engagement with local partners, users and the community.
Collaboratively with the Regional Marketing Director and other key stakeholders, you will plan, coordinate, organize and execute all communications initiatives, including both proactive and reactive communication utilizing the brand’s visual identity to bring the Food brand to life. The MCE Manager provides support on all local engagement activities, both partner and user facing, including but not limited to written and verbal communication, events, learning programs and community events
The great things you will be expected to do:
- Develops and executes communications plans that engage Sector team with the Food Brand and identity in order to drive and advance user engagement.
- Creates and coordinates internal and local communication efforts that support initiatives and campaigns both locally and globally.
- Ideates on, creates and captures the ‘story’ of the brand as it relates to the mission.
- Drives the development of new content and experiments with ‘outside-the-box’ delivery channels for communication.
- Owns yearly campaign and editorial calendar for the Food Program in your region.
- Works with the Regional Marketing Director to create and implement public relations campaigns that express the vision and key pillars of the Food Brand.
- Strives to continuously improve scale, reach, quality and impact of the initiatives in order to better reach our audience and improve engagement.
- Reviews and edits essential internal communications prior to dissemination to ensure accuracy and appropriateness.
- Writes, edits and produces content (online, video, collateral, etc.).
- Maintains communication platform for sharing and archiving the our partner’s story.
- Supports the Brand, Visual Identity and voice on a local level.
- Builds and maintains core relationships with local stakeholders (Google, Sector and local community).
- Works with local food program stakeholders to develop communication plans and peak user-experiences for special programs and products.
- Establishes and tracks ROI that links employee communications programs to brand engagement and organization performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications, or business.
- Experience in a related marketing, communications or PR job.
- Retail, restaurant or food service experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, editing, proofreading, and grammar skills.
- Excellent organization and follow-through.
- Ability to work autonomously, with little supervision while understanding and respecting approval channels.
- Excellent hospitality and customer service skills.
- Thoughtful and objective.
- Experience of using process and planning to deliver consistent results to expectations.
- Ability to quickly gain credibility with local key stakeholder groups.
- An approach to cooperation and collaboration that supports organizational goals.
- Track record of effectively managing and delivering against multiple projects simultaneously in very fast-moving environment.
- Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment.
- Proficient in Google Apps, presentation development, and word processing.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and dynamic environment.
- Out-of-the-box fresh thinker with the ability to execute and plan within Brand guidelines.
- Passion for food!
Perks, Benefits and Other Information
- Competitive Salary
- Breakfast and lunch included each day
- Free gym membership
- Get to work in some of the most incredible and dynamic event spaces in London
- 25 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday only
- 100’s of Compass discounts and benefits
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass Group, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.