Drayton Park Golf Course is situated in Oxfordshire on the edge of Abingdon. It has an 18 hole golf course with the addition of a further 9 hole pitch and putt course. Drayton Park are looking for an experienced Chef/Catering Manager to join our friendly team. The ideal candidate will be ambitious and a highly motivated person to manage the delivery of food to members, guests and visitors. In addition there will be club functions and competition days, where catering for 50 plus will be required. Annual Functions catering for up to 200 are required occasionally. Reporting to the Club Secretary and the Directors, the candidate will take on the day-to-day responsibility of running the Clubhouse kitchen facilities. The Club is open to innovative ideas in order to raise the profile of the Catering on offer. We value excellent Customer Service throughout the Club. This is an excellent opportunity for a ambitious person who wants to develop and grow the Catering offer for the Club Members and Visitors to Drayton Park Golf Course.
We are situated in a great location near Abingdon in Oxfordshire and looking to drive the catering functions in order to make full use of this excellent Clubhouse and venue.
Key Management Responsibilities for the role:
- To provide excellent customer service in the Clubhouse.
- To manage and develop the catering team to meet and exceed expectations.
- Stock Control, procurement, financial and budgetary management.
- Compliance with all Food Safety and Health & Safety requirements.
- Regular communication with the Club House Manager and Directors.
- Develop & deliver great menus and clubhouse specials
Requirements for the role:
- A proven track record in catering with the relevant experience and qualifications.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and a passion for customer service.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends to meet the needs of the Club.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A hands-on approach to management.
- The ability to effectively manage, train and motivate a small team.
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Computer literate.
Applications to be sent by e-mail FAO Ian Rhead by clicking "Apply Now"
Please include a cover letter demonstrating why you are the best person for the role, along with your up to date CV.
Salary range £22-26,000 depends on experience