Sous Chef - Wimbledon
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Sous Chef to join one of our exciting contracts in Wimbledon.
Open daily, the café serves lunch and daily treats including sandwiches, salads, pastries, cakes and snacks, all freshly prepared using seasonal and local produce.
The Staff Restaurant caters lunch for 200 employees with a varied selection of freshly made dishes ranging from our carvery, salad bar, bakery table and weekly guest offers.Package description
Up to £27,500 + Meals on duty, employee benefits and continuous development and training!
40 hours per week, 5 out of 7 days
Exciting opportunity to be part of an iconic and world renowned venue!Main responsibilities
As Sous Chef, you will work in close collaboration with the Head Chef sharing responsibility for leading, supporting and developing our team.
- The Sous Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Support the existing team in food production covering the entire Staff restaurant cafe operation by providing advice, expertise and innovation
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for staff canteen and café food
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, Health & Safety and COSHH
- Supporting the Head Chef in processing order, checking delivery and ensuring we are within the allocated food budget
- Supporting the Head Chef and Food Service Manager with rota, labour cost and P&L
You will have experience of a quality Deli/Café or staff canteen environment, have a good knowledge of service standards and can operate under pressure to deliver memorable experience to every customer.
- Great leader & experience in a senior chef role
- High level of customer service
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Smart, polite and excellent verbal communication skills
- Sound knowledge of stock control and ordering
- Could be an experience Chef de Partie looking for their first Sous Chef role
Overall you will have bags of personality, enthusiasm and a can-do attitude. A real pride and passion for what you do is essential, with the ability to build rapport and long term relationships with all our key stakeholders.About the company
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.