Senior Conference And Events Manager - Leeds Castle
3 days left
- Full Time
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Conference and Events Manager to work for Levy Leisure in the stunning Leeds Castle, which offers breathtaking and historical surroundings.
Main duties are to oversee day to day event management, ensuring the smooth planning and delivery of a first class catering product to our clients and customers whilst managing the business needs and performance standards, delivering “The Levy Difference”.
At Leeds Castle we have around 85 weddings each year along with a large amount of conferences across a variety of spaces. Therefore you will need to be able to work under pressure and deliver results in a fast paced, challenging environment.Package description
Up to £28,000 based on experience
5 out of 7 days - flexibility required
Fantastic opportunity with lots of progression and development within this beautiful venueMain responsibilities
- To be a key liaison for all clients, to ensure we exceed and manage their expectations
- To help the General Manager, Deputy General Manager and Retail Operations Manager manage and execute new menus, tastings, specials and promotions to exceed guest expectations and ensure profitability
- To manage the operational team to ensure that every sales opportunity is taken to 'up sell' to our customers depending on the profile of event
- Establish good customer relationships and ensure the appropriate level of contact is maintained, meeting customers on event days, making sure all our customers are aware of your position.
- To record and deal with all customer comments in a positive manner and take appropriate follow up action, turning any negative customer experiences into positive ones.
- To ensure effective communication, motivation and involving individuals within the team
- Liaise with GM to ensure targets for upselling are set and achieved
- Liaise with Culinary Team and provide support for new menu feedback and development.
- Manages all aspects of event labour scheduling, and addresses forecasting and actual labour spends. To ensure they have all staffing numbers for future events up to three months in advance of event.
- Work with and liaise with nominated suppliers to ensure we receive the best products and prices, to deliver and exceed client expectations within food and beverage.
- Demonstrate excellent control of all operating costs in line with set targets.
- Hires, trains and develops managers who deliver “The Levy Difference”
- Champion Health & Safety within department, ensuring that correct procedures are being kept
- Flexible with schedule, able to work different shifts when required on event nights
- Must have a ‘can do’ positive, driven attitude
- Have a standards and quality driven management style with excellent communication skills
- Experience in management of complex mix of stakeholders
- Good mix of operational and support experience
- Able to self manage and self discipline
- Structured and approachable people management skills
- Highly proactive and innovative in approach
- Constantly challenges the ‘status quo’
- Respond to the pace of the business in terms of speed of work and productivity
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of food and beverage, operates with a focus on innovation, standards and market awareness
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and develop great talent. That's why we offer a number of courses and qualifications for our talented Managers. For our future stars, we have The Academy and Accelerate programmes which will equip you for a career in Catering Management. For established managers, we have our Evolve programme which will hone your existing skills and add to your managerial capabilities. We’re also Edexcel approved, so you can be sure you are getting the best training available to you. So whether you are a Future Star with big aspirations or an established High Performer with a proven track record – there is a development plan for you. If this isn’t enough, we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.