About the Union Club:
The Union is a private members club and event space at 50 Greek Street, Soho.
The club may be viewed at www.unionclub.co.uk
In 2016 the club expanded by acquiring 4 floors of the building next door and has developed exciting new event space occupying more than 100 sq. m.
All manner of events can be accommodated, from two, to three hundred persons.
The Union is busy, enjoying strong growth in 2017 and continuing in 2018. We seek to build on this growth by investing in systems, infrastructure and key new roles.
The club offers a charming environment and the 300-year-old building enjoys the patronage of 2500 loyal, arts and media members. It’s the relationship that matters at the Union, and our members have become our friends.
Union members celebrate the unique ambience on offer and the excellent output of the kitchen. Cooking is robust and unpretentious and we bake our own bread and make our own pasta every day.
The Union is exceptional and original. Warm, welcoming, unique.
- Raise occupancy in the Studio event space from 32% to a monthly minimum of 50%
- Increase weddings processed to a minimum of 30 per year.
- Secure a minimum of 4 weddings in August 2019
- Maintain a minimum of 45 traded week-end days per year
- Specifically increase occupancy across the summer months
- Establish or improve as necessary an efficient events processing structure, from enquiry to production and payment.
- Extend the reach of Union eventing into previously un-tapped markets
- Manage the preparation and distribution of function sheets on a weekly basis and present function sheets in the weekly operations meeting.
- Effectively co-ordinating activities related to booked Meeting & Event business with other departments, ensuring client’s expectations are met by maintaining team communication
Specific Tasks of the role:
Enquiry Processing for General Events
- Processing incoming enquiries and logging sources
- Establishing a relationship with the client and evaluating the requirement for an on-site meeting
- Managing the meetings and events enquiry process from start to finish; answering calls and emails, sending proposals, converting enquiries and taking the event through the planning and logistical stage to handover to operations.
- Negotiating meeting & events rates with clients, in line with the selling guidelines, to assist in achieving the Union Club’s revenue targets.
- Collating and diarising event data on the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (or Property Management System, PMS).
- Preparation of event sheets
- Distribution of event sheets to relevant departments (kitchen, production, cellar, etc)
- Responding to wedding enquiries with appropriate weddings pack
- Making contact with the client couple and evaluating the enquiry
- Make provisional costing
- Scheduling an on-site meeting and offer of a food tasting
- Picking up on existing confirmed wedding bookings and establishing client rapport
- Attend to all communications and meetings until the wedding date
- Attend the reception as required to greet the client and hand over the event to the duty manager
- Making daily activity report to the Director of Sales & Marketing summarising all event enquiries and response traffic
- Work with the Sales & Marketing Director to understand, evaluate and fine tune all aspects of the events booking and conversion process
- Ensuring that daily, weekly and monthly administration is completed accurately and within the required timescales and that all groups/events have necessary documentation on file
Previous experience will be required in the following areas:
- Passionate about event sales and goal driven.
- Functions best in a fast-paced environment and enjoys a challenge.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Efficient in using Microsoft office and online CRM
Skills and Attributes Required:
The following skills and attributes will be required:
- Ability to communicate across departments
- A tidy outlook
- A tidy and conscientious administrator
- Familiar with sound tech and media AV systems
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
Health & Safety and Environment:
The following will be required as part of the role:
- Adhere to the company guidance in the Staff Handbook
- To show initiative in keeping fire escapes clear of junk and furniture
- To complete any other tasks as may be occasionally requested by the GM (Director of Operations) and the MD.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"