Senior Kitchen Porter
We are CH&CO, a group of chefs, nutritionists and people pleasers with a shared passion for food that fuels emotional positivity as well as physical wellbeing. In a world where what we consume is becoming ever faster and more disposable, we’re proud to take a more thoughtful, mindful approach to the food experiences we source, prepare and present.
The key objective of a Senior Kitchen porter is to maintain the highest standard of cleanliness and tidiness in the back of house areas, according to health and food hygiene legislation.
To coordinate the team to provide an efficient, clean and organised wash-up cycle of crockery, cutlery and other goods in the wash-up areas and to provide support for back of house operations.
• Ensure that the kitchen is kept clean and tidy, pots and pans cleaned, maintained and ready for the next use
• Provide an efficient, clean and organised wash-up cycle of crockery, cutlery and other goods in the wash-up areas, to avoid a backlog of washing-up
• Take receipt of laundry, deliveries and collections, ensuring the order is correct
• Reciept deliveries on ordering software
• Assist in the delivery & collection of alcohol supplies from the cellar to event rooms, if required
• Assist in the calculation of consumption of beverage for events, if required
• Empty waste and recycling bins and operate the cardboard compactor
• Empty the broken glass bins taking appropriate care
• Assist in ensuring the equipment temperatures are taken twice daily and recorded, reporting nay fault to the Exec chef
• Maintain the kitchen and servery cleanliness in accordance to food hygiene regulations using correct chemicals on the correct surfaces/appliances
• Ensure at the end of the shift that everything is cleaned and the floor is swept and mopped ready for the next day’s business
• Complete and sign the cleaning schedule to company standards
• To pack away food deliveries in the correct storage areas, in consultation with Sous chef or Exec
• Have attention to detail, to be cautious and focused.
• Delegate duties to kitchen porter to ensure consistency of service
• Assist in training new kitchen porters
Health and safety
• Contribute to a safe working environment in the kitchen, wash up and back of house areas
• Report defects and signs of pest infestation to Line Manager
• Possess a duty of care for yourself and others to develop a health and safety culture
• Operate equipment according to manufactures’ instructions and training
• Follow fire evacuation procedures
• Follow the security instructions and procedures
• Report all accidents to management, including near miss incidents
• Wear appropriate footwear, uniform and protective clothing to comply with company standards
• Read and adhere to health and safety notices.
• Ensure that you follow food hygiene regulations and legislation at all times
• Maintain the highest level of personal hygiene as per the company guidelines
• Follow illness and absence reporting procedures as per the company guidelines.
• Follow the company’s Quality Management System ISO 9001:2008
• Support the company’s commitment to quality and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
• Adhere to the records management and document control systems in place
• Project a willing and helpful attitude to customers and colleagues.