2 days left
- Full Time
The successful candidate will work as part of the Accommodation team, providing a courteous, efficient and effective service to all customers for Student, Staff & Family Accommodation and Conference/Bed & Breakfast guests. To provide reception duties as and when required.
The successful candidate will:
• Be responsible for the processing of applications for staff & family accommodation and the allocation of this accommodation, utilising the efficiencies and benefits of the Kinetics booking system
• Provide an efficient customer focused service to all customers using initiative when dealing with queries via telephone, email and face to face at reception.
• Carry out day to day duties include dealing with student enquiries, logging post, signing in and out of keys/fobs as and when required.
• Liaise with Heads of Schools/School Managers/Human Resources in relation to accommodation requirements for potential new staff, including enquiries for property show-rounds and details about arrival dates to take up posts.
• Be responsible for the completion of documentation in regard to arrival and departure procedures, to include ‘meet and greet’, key collection, tenancy agreement signing, property induction and arrangements for property inspection at the end of a tenancy.
Our five core values (Integrity, Connected, Ambition, Respect, Excellence) have been developed by staff and students. They express our shared understanding of what we believe, how we aim to behave and what we aspire to be as an international organisation.
The successful candidate will have:
• Relevant academic/vocational qualifications (e.g. GCSE, O-Level, NVQ Level 2 in a relevant subject.
• Two years’ relevant experience in a similar accommodation reception/bookings office environment e.g. Hotel, Conferencing venue, FE or HE environment.
• IT literacy with experience of using Microsoft Office packages.
• Evidence of good numeracy and literacy skills.
• Ability to use computer packages relevant to the area of work e.g. computerised accommodation booking system
• Experience of how to manage confidential information appropriately.
Further information about the Directorate can be found at http://qub.ac.uk/accommodation/
Anticipated interview date: Monday 25 and Tuesday 26 February 2019
Salary scale: £17,751 - £20,836 per annum (potential to progress to £22,017 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution
Closing date: Monday 18 February 2019
For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link on our website by clicking apply. You must clearly demonstrate how you are meeting the criteria on your application form. For further information or assistance contact Resourcing Team, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.