Sales & Development Chef
This is a very exciting time to join an industry leading creative food company as part of the Zuidam UK sales and development team.
We are looking for an individual to join us in managing our London and Home Counties sales territory who can offer real potential and grow with us going forward. We are looking to recruit an individual who understands just what our customers require and who will work with them to achieve it.
The role is field based working closely with our Sales & Development Manager and head office team, to achieve the company’s sales plan; by growing existing customers’ sales and developing new incremental business.
The successful candidate will have a background in catering and will have held a senior position within a kitchen during their career or alternatively have demonstrable experience in a professional sales role, gained from within the UK food-service or wholesale environment with an extensive network of contacts.
Ideal candidates will have strong communication, negotiation, networking and presentation skills, be self-motivated and have a driven attitude.
- Ensure targets, that are communicated in writing annually, are met for existing and new business revenue
- Manage and agree sales plan to continue to develop business in order to meet targets
- Ensuring regular contact is maintained with customers who are in sectors in line with our sales strategy
- To schedule and maintain an agreed number of meetings with customers
- Ensure verbal communication occurs at least monthly
- Log all meetings and significant calls in Salesforce (Customer Relationship Management software)
- Ensure excellent customer service is maintained
- Develop new business in line with targets
- Regularly review leads in Salesforce, qualify and meet with those leads that meet the relevant criteria
- Ensure newly discovered leads are input onto Salesforce
- Regularly review inactive accounts and qualify to determine suitability for trading again
- Support marketing initiatives and discuss / engage with social media posts, competitions and offers
- Feedback to the marketing department any effective campaigns from the market place and any feedback on company campaigns
- Feedback any competitor information to the marketing department
- Feedback ideas and new product trends to the Managing Director
- For any bespoke products ensure a full and detailed specification is communicated to the sales office
- Attend new product development meetings
- Regularly visit suppliers and maintain supplier relationships to gain intelligence about products and trends
- £40,000.00 per annum salary
- Uncapped bonus
- Company car
- Death in service scheme
- A fantastic staff Christmas party (2017 – Poland, 2018 – Gibraltar, 2019 – TBC)