Job Title: Catering Assistant
Team: Visitor Centre
Location: Coed Y Brenin
Post Numbers: 102040
Grade: 1 £17,003.00
Reports To: Team Leader – Visitor Centre
Direct Reports: None
Welsh Language Requirements: One team member must be Level 4 others can be a lower Level
To ensure customer satisfaction is achieved through effective, food preparation and customer service. To work with other members of the team to provide a continually improving customer service environment.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Help ensure that a high-quality front of house and catering service is available daily between the advertised hours of operation.
- Ensure that all menu items are prepared and presented to the highest possible standard and that portion size is consistent.
- Adopt a clean as you work practice to ensure a safe working welcoming environment.
- Prepare food and drink to a high-quality standard ensuring that all food safety guidelines are adhered to as instructed by your supervisor.
- Ensure that all interactions with the public present NRW in the best possible manner through good customer care and service provision.
- Act as a role model of organisational values: Show exemplary behaviours of honesty, integrity and ethics. Challenge others when they fail to act as role models.
Key Job Qualifications or Knowledge:
You will have;
- Professional Qualification in Food Hygiene level 2 or willingness to acquire through formal training.
- Experience of working in a catering and customer service role
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment for 7 months from 1st April
Work pattern: : 2 x 32 hrs post over 7 day week including bank holidays
4 x 20 hour posts over 7 days a week including bank holidays
Application closing date: 25 February 2019
Interviews to take place on: 5th March 2019
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV outlining how you meet the key skills, knowledge and experience as advertised/described in the role description (word limit should not exceed 1000 words).