IT Systems Manager
We are CH&CO, a group of chefs, nutritionists and people pleasers with a shared passion for food that fuels emotional positivity as well as physical wellbeing. In a world where what we consume is becoming ever faster and more disposable, we’re proud to take a more thoughtful, mindful approach to the food experiences we source, prepare and present.Responsibilities:
The IT Systems Manager will manage a diverse team covering the company’s IT Infrastructure, Database, Applications Support and IT Project management teams to ensure the success and continuous operation and development of the IT systems, applications and digital presence of the CH&Co business. Working in a highly matrixed organization, developing deep working relationships with multiple stakeholders to design a strategic roadmap for future modernization that provides CH&Co with opportunities to differentiate in an increasingly competitive landscape.
The role holder requires strong leadership skills as well as being a role model in regard to behavior to the CH&Co’s values to guide and develop a team of direct reports. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, using their skillset to educate and engage the wider business of best practiceJob Duties:
- Create a vision for systems, applications (both traditional and mobile), networking, telephony, data and digital presence within the organisation, effectively communicate through engagement to lead and motivate the delivery of vision to action
- Experience in building IT teams
- Develop a strategy which identifies the future direction of the use of technology within the organisation to drive efficiencies
- Prepare and present proposals, design and deliver solutions to meet CH&Co’s objectives
- Be a champion of change, optimising current IT solutions whilst promoting innovative solutions to operational challenges
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities.
- Prepare and implement project plans to achieve the desired outcomesControl and manage the project resources and budget
- Procure, negotiate, manage and monitor contracts for services provided by 3rd parties ensuring effective and efficient delivery
- Manage relationships with contractors and suppliers, supported with appropriate governance models
- Maintain market awareness of new trends, opportunities for capability leaps that provide commercial opportunities for the business
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities
- Maintain organisation's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing new technologies
- Directs technological research by studying organisation goals, strategies, practices, and user projects
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and adhering to information security and control structures.
- Recommends technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organisation standards.
- Experience managing a complex IT operation that is a combination of internal resources and 3rd party managed services
- 10+ years’ experience highly matrixed customer centric businesses (telecoms, networking, cloud)
- Would ideally have experience working within Catering, Hospitality or Retail environments
- Experience of crisis management/business continuity with scenario planning
- Track record of managing and scaling teams that support business growth
- Proven consultancy ability including running meetings and facilitating workshops with stakeholders of all levels
- Network and software virtualization
- Experience in migrating infrastructure on-premise to cloud
- Change management and standardization
- Budget planning and management
- Hands-on experience delivering infrastructure services
- Prince II project management or equivalent
- Excellent attention to detailEffective relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills (both interpersonal and written)
- Responsive to customer needsGood communicator capable of articulating security issues to non-IT staff
- A friendly, open demeanour and genuine enthusiasm for user support and training
- Proactive, positive team player
- Motivation to learn new technologies and seek continued learning through professional development
- Strong leadership skills including effective time management and prioritisation skills
- Aligned to ITIL and strong leaning towards CSI
- Excellent organisational skillsSelf-starter who is proactive and able to prioritise work
- Ability to understand business needs
- Ability to analyse and understand complex issues and create appropriate creative solutions
- The ability to manage 3rd parties to ensure that they deliver projects to time and budget
- As and when required, able to work at short notice to support any urgent situations that may arise
- Experience of working in a high paced environment and successfully handling multiple tasks simultaneously