Deputy Operations Manager - EICC
Situated at the heart of Scotland's elegant and historic capital city, the EICC is one of the world's outstanding venues for conferences, conventions and exhibitions.
Leith's and the EICC have forged a superb partnership and we are recruiting an Assistant Operations Manager to support the Operations Manager in heading up this fantastic contract. The role of Assistant Operations Manager within the Hospitality Industry has a clear responsibility for all aspects of food and beverage delivery and high quality customer service. At the EICC this is a pivotal role as the emphasis here is on exceeding customer expectations, and delivering excellence in events is enshrined in the very culture of the venue and its people.Package description
Competitive salary plus benefits
5 out of 7 days - flexibility required
Fantastic opportunity to work within this famous site with lots of development and progression!Main responsibilities
The role of Deputy Operations Manager will be overseeing not only shop floor delivery, but responsibility for financial control, personnel and employees, strategic planning and customer and client relationship management amongst others. It is a very demanding and exciting role, but also challenging, fulfilling and dynamic.
- To manage, develop and control the service delivery of food and beverage to events taking place within the EICC , in order to consistently exceed the expectation of the customer.
- To manage the operational personnel function ensuring that a consistent resource of trained individuals is available and employed to meet event requirements, offering customer service to the agreed standard and within the financial targets.
- To manage the Leith’s inventory of crockery, cutlery, glassware and ancillary items that are both owned and hired, ensuring that service standards can always be met whilst operating costs are adhered to in line with laid down targets.
- Establish a committed, motivated team focusing on delivering the objectives as agreed with the General Manager and the EICC. Ensure performance management, training, development and discipline within your team are carried out in accordance with company policy in order to achieve optimum performance from your people.
- To manage the catering facilities and catering offers within the EICC booking process, ensuring the optimum use of catering facilities and the maximisation of catering revenue from incoming events.
- Adherence to EICC Policies and Guidelines.
- Must be flexible with schedule, able to work different shifts when required on event nights
- Must have a ‘can do’ positive, driven attitude
- Have a standards and quality driven management style with excellent communication skills
- Experience in management of complex mix of stakeholders
- Good mix of operational and support experience
- Able to self manage and self discipline
- Strive to be the best and constantly challenge the norm
- Structured and approachable people management skills
- Highly proactive and innovative in approach
- Constantly challenges the ‘status quo’
- Respond to the pace of the business in terms of speed of work and productivity
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of food and beverage, operates with a focus on innovation, standards and market awareness
Leith’s, one of the iconic names in event hospitality, is a brand of Levy Restaurants UK. Leith’s works with a range of iconic venues and events, including Glyndebourne festival and the Edinburgh International Conference Centre. Most recently, Leith’s has won the contract to continue providing hospitality and event catering at the flagship Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre in the heart of Westminster.
Originally founded by Prue Leith in 1962, Leith's specialises in providing conference and banqueting, hospitality and retail services to cultural, arts and exhibition locations throughout the country.