Senior Sous Chef
We are CH&CO, a group of chefs, nutritionists and people pleasers with a shared passion for food that fuels emotional positivity as well as physical wellbeing. In a world where what we consume is becoming ever faster and more disposable, we’re proud to take a more thoughtful, mindful approach to the food experiences we source, prepare and present.
A rare opportunity has arisen for the Senior Sous Chef role at BDO LLP.
We are looking for a talented individual with strong leadership skills working within a team of three chefs and 2 kitchen porters. You and the Exec chef will be responsible for all aspects of the kitchen, with onsite employees of 1200+ and extensive hospitality this is a demanding role with occasional evening duties.
• To ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers.
• To ensure that all dishes are presented to the highest standard in terms of colour, content, balance, freshness and flavour
• To ensure that all purchases are for fresh ingredients (where possible) and are from nominated suppliers
• To continually strive to offer new food trends and ideas to the client with the overall purpose of developing exciting menus and ensuring that the unit is continually offering new products
• Ensure area of responsibility is kept clean and tidy at all times.
• To provide customer and client feedback to further develop CH&Co standards and reflect market changes.
• To deputise in the absence of the Head Chef
• To work on occasional special functions which may take place outside normal working hours
• To ensure all employees in your direct control adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance as set out in Operational Standards
• To ensure recruitment, induction, training, promotion, performance management, development and discipline of all employees within your direct responsibility.
• To ensure the team work to menu costings and pre- determined recipes
• To establish a committed and motivated team focused on the delivery of CH&Co
• To deal with customers at all times in a friendly and helpful manner
• To cost all menus in accordance with the budget, record daily wastage and quantities sold. Analyse weekly sales mix and take remedial action to improve performance where necessary
• Manage and control labour costs to achieve operational success in line with an agreed number of hours.
• To grow the business in the unit through maximising uptake, spend per head and achievement of gross profit target (or equivalent
• To assist in the formation of annual budgets in respect of food sales, gross profit and innovation.