Housekeeping Addenbrookes Hospital
A great opportunity for a passionate Housekeeping to join our team at Addenbrookes Hospital on a permanent basis has become available.
We are looking for the right candidate to commit to work Monday to Friday 08:00 - 15:30 and in return we will guarantee 33.75 hours.
This role will suit a customer focused and organised individual that pays attention to detail.Package description
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme.Main responsibilities
Responsible for the meal service across the hospital, this role will involve direct interaction with Patients and Medical staff on ward areas with responsibilities including:
- High and low Dusting, Mopping, wiping and scrubbing surfaces.
- Patient food service
- Regular drink rounds
- Understanding different Dietary requirements
- Ensure your assigned areas are kept clean, presentable and safe for Patients by following the required policies and procedures.
- Liaise with ward staff on a regular basis and following Foodservice guidelines as requested.
- Use and handle machinery in accordance with the role following all Health & Safety guidelines.
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff.
- Awareness of high cleaning standards and be able to complete documentation on a daily basis.
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Previous cleaning experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check costs, are met by the employer.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.