Tired of working weekends, late nights and want more holidays to enjoy a family life? Then this could be for you. We have great opportunity for a Catering Manager to oversee two sites at Nottinngham University. We are seeking a Catering Manager who has a passion for food and has excellent culinary skills, who has experience working in a busy environment. The Catering Manager will be managing a team of 8 direct reports cooking food all from fresh produce.
The Catering Manager will be overseeing the front and back of house, includes a restaurant, deli bar, two cafes and lots of hospitality. If you enjoy working with students this could be the job for you!Package description
Up to £28k dependent on experience
Easily accessible via public transport
Opportunity to join the Compass share and pension scheme
Up to 10% discount in various high street stores
Plenty of opportunity to progress within the companyMain responsibilities
- Manage the team to deliver an excellent catering service through great food and excellent customer service
- You will ensure compliance with all statutory requirements
- Effective control of costs
- Introduction of new ideas to drive the service forward
- Develop the existing teams’ knowledge and skills.
- Passionate about catering and service delivery
- Knowledge of food preparation and standards required
- A strong leader, with bags of enthusiasm
- Management experience within a similar environment and knowledge of working within schools
- Experience of management of catering services is essential
- An adaptable individual who can communicate effectively at all levels
- Very organised and enjoys working in a very busy environment
- Sound knowledge of legislative standards
- Computer literacy
- Financial and commercial acumen
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.