Looking for a new opportunity as a Head Baker? A step towards your new career? Or maybe you want to move up a level and take on more responsibility?
Look no further as we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, multi-talented and highly skilled Head Baker to join our highly motivated team.Main responsibilities
The successful Head Baker will undertake the following duties:
- Production, plan and lead the daily production of the bakery products and support the production and the head chef if required.
- Liase, cross functionally, to resolve operating problems and drive continuous process improvement across the department.
- Company Policies - Monitor and manage as appropriate, compliance with Compass policies, procedures and specifications (including Technical, HR and Health & Safety policies) in order to achieve food safety std’s, controlled and well managed department.
- Labour – plan the team labour usage to manage costs to agreed targets
- Site Security - Monitor and sustain site security and confidentiality at all times.
- Ordering – manage the stock in collaboration with the store team and the ordering process to ensure the correct orders and taken and managed within the production dead line requirement
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Proven successful leadership of a production line or team
- Knowledge and experience of Good Manufacturing Practice
- Knowledge and experience of best management practice
- Product knowledge
- Very good levels of numeracy & literacy
If our Head Baker position is right for you and you match our criteria of highly honed skills and qualities - please apply today with no hesitation, we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your CV.About the company
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.