Head of Operations
We’re the people behind the food, hospitality and support services that power your day, make you smile and put a spring in your step. Just one of the reasons why we’re the UK and Ireland’s No.1 catering and support services provider.
For more than a quarter of a century, we have focused on helping young people build strong bodies, sharp minds and to lead long, healthy lives. To Eat, Learn and Live.
Which means that we are always on the look at for new and exciting talent and this new opportunity is no different – Head of Operations.Main responsibilities
Manage client and contractual relationships in a commercial and highly diplomatic manner ensuring compliance and company policies are adhered to. Develop and drive innovative foodservice and support service solutions that exceed new and existing customer requirements within the field of education, delivering best in class offers to new and potential clients alike.
Review business performance and ensure delivery of key financial targets in line with management and performance reporting. Demonstrate commercial value to your direct reports, line manager and Leadership teams, in line with the One Compass vision, values and overall business strategy.Ideal candidate
- Senior management experience leading and inspiring Regional/General Manager-level operational teams to deliver consistent results
- Demonstrable experience of working with a senior, challenging client base and track record of exceeding expectations
- Experience of managing multiple profitable multi-million pound contracts
- Retail management experience
- Experience of working with franchise/concession retail brands such as Costa, Starbucks, Costcutter, Subway, etc
- Experience in highly commercial and price sensitive markets, working with different costing and pricing models
- Led the design and implementation of change programmes to deliver operational and commercial benefits
- Experience of working within brand guidelines to deliver results
- Ability to develop strong, mutually beneficial relationships within site-based operational teams and central functions teams
- Excellent communication, presentation, numeric and financial skills
- Passionate about food with the ability to demonstrate innovation in designing and delivering new food offering into commercial contracts
- Managed senior level third party relationships
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.