Executive Head Chef
Originally the home of Fry’s chocolate, The Chocolate Quarter offers luxury retirement living in our completely refurbished iconic buildings. Encompassing a busy care home and two restaurants this role would suit a confident, creative and experienced Head Chef with a background in high level restaurants or hotels.
We require a chef with lots of energy and drive, great people management skills who can produce quality food for multiple dining outlets with high volumes in mind. With a good knowledge of current food trends; strong organisation & training skills; proven track record of delivering on GP & KPI targets without compromise to quality and standards.
Responsible for all aspects of kitchen management; working closely with the General Manager and Food Development Manager with the support of an established brigade duties include:
- Responsible and accountable for the day to day running of the service and managing effectively the 3 areas, Charter House (Care Home), Somer Dining and BBlock.
- Supporting the General Manager and Catering Development Manager with strategic direction, new initiatives, promoting the trust and efficiencies.
- Responsible for the Care Home Provision in Charter House, implement training and ensuring standards are adhered to in all wings.
- Responsible and accountable for team performance including sickness / absence, holiday management, training and development.
- The Executive Head Chef at The Chocolate Quarter will be responsible for implementing and maintaining food costs against budget, which include 65% food gross profit, food cost and labour budgets.
- Practice within the legal frameworks of Health and Safety, Food Handling and Hygiene, which change from time to time. Maintain the '5 Stars on the door' award.
- Ensure that all St Monica Trust's policies are adhered to at all times.
- Monitoring industry trends/developments and bring new ideas and initiatives to the TCQ.
For further information, including a full break down of the food service offering and a full Job Description please click on "Apply Now"