Temporary Commis Chefs x2 – Mersea Island
Please note this position is offered on a temporary basis with an expected duration of May 6th 2019 till the end of August 2019.
The position is full time, offering up to 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday with no late night shifts.
Essex Outdoors is Essex County Council’s provider of residential (and day) Outdoor Learning activities. It operates four outdoor centres and generates and overall income of over £3m per year. The responsibilities of this role are to assist lead onsite Catering Manager and sous chef in the provision of refreshments & meals for visitors to the centre, which during peak season can be from 120 up to 1500 meals per day at some centres
Essex Outdoors are looking for commis chefs to join their catering team for the 2019 season, between May and September. Full and part-time positions are available with full-time hours offering an opportunity to really earn some summer cash. Meals will be provided (with transport potentially available from Colchester into Mersea). You will be working with a friendly team of people, in an environment that’s fast paced and full of energy.
Working on one of our very busy sites and as part of a team you will assist Chefs in providing three great choice and quality meals a day for up to 500 residential visitors.
• Responsible for food preparation and cooking of food
• To ensure that facilities are as clean as reasonably practicable and adequately stocked
• To maintain a high standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene to comply with statutory regulations.
• To use of powered cleaning and catering equipment in accordance with the relevant safety requirements.
Knowledge, skills and experience
• Catering NVQ level 1-2 preferred, plus experience to evidence operational efficiency, planning, preparation and presentation of food and beverages to a high standard within budget limitations.
• Some proven knowledge of personnel management, hygiene and health and safety.
• Current First Aid & Food Hygiene certificate is preferred
• Can show a working knowledge and experience of large volume catering/residential operations.
• Ability to ensure the maintenance of a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene for all resources to comply with statutory regulations
• Experience of preparation, cooking and service of food and beverages to the required standard and volume.
• Ability to follow agreed menus and recipes
• Ability to use kitchen and cleaning equipment.
• Ability to manage and support the work of others and show good organisational skills
• Ability to manage own time effectively.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"