We are CH&CO, a group of chefs, nutritionists and people pleasers with a shared passion for food that fuels emotional positivity as well as physical wellbeing. In a world where what we consume is becoming ever faster and more disposable, we’re proud to take a more thoughtful, mindful approach to the food experiences we source, prepare and present.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To manage an efficient and effective catering operation in accordance with client requirements, company standards and statutory regulations.
You will build a strong and successful relationship with both the CH&Co client and suppliers team bringing out the best in each other, you will recognise and respect the different values, backgrounds, ideas and experience of all team members using these openly to find solutions and achieve results to make the company profitable.
You will be proud of our business, and delight our customers through the excellent quality and service of our food. You will protect business integrity and positively promote the business at every opportunity. You will create an energetic and fun environment in the work place where everyone grows.
You will seek and create innovative ideas and solutions through working hard in all you do. You will continue to find interesting and positive outcomes to move your business forward. You will create an environment in the work place where everyone is encouraged to be brave and ambitious.
You will endeavour to be the best and not become complacent, always aiming to improve all that you do. You will continue to aim for the highest standard of service and ensure you and your colleagues go the extra mile. You will always aim to meet or exceed Unit targets or budgets.
You will work hard to improve and create a positive contribution to the health and well being of your customers, clients and colleagues. You will take responsibility for your actions and demonstrate a commitment to integrity, and the environment.
* To ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers.
* To ensure that all dishes are presented to the highest standard in terms of colour, content, balance, freshness and flavour
* To ensure that all purchases are for fresh ingredients (where possible) and are from nominated suppliers
* To continually strive to offer new food trends and ideas to the client with the overall purpose of developing exciting menus and ensuring that the unit is continually offering new products
* Ensure area of responsibility is kept clean and tidy at all times.
* To provide customer and client feedback to further develop CH&Co standards and reflect market changes.
* To ensure all employees in your direct control adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance as set out in Operational Standards
* To ensure recruitment, induction, training, promotion, performance management, development and discipline of all employees within your direct responsibility.
* To ensure the team work to menu costings and pre- determined recipes
* To establish a committed and motivated team focused on the delivery of CH&Co
* To cost all menus in accordance with the budget, record daily wastage and quantities sold. Analyse weekly sales mix and take remedial action to improve performance where necessary
* Manage and control labour costs to achieve operational success in line with an agreed number of hours.
* To grow the business in the unit through maximising uptake, spend per head and achievement of gross profit target (or equivalent
* To assist in the formation of annual budgets in respect of food sales, gross profit and innovation.