Linen Porter [Full Time] - The Harley Street Clinic
An exciting opportunity to join our talented Housekeeping Team has become available at the prestigious private Harley Street Clinic. We are currently recruiting for a full time Linen Porter to help maintain the high standards of cleanliness and infection control at the facilities.
Medirest Signature is the specialist private healthcare division of Compass Group UK & Ireland. As the UK’s leading healthcare support service provider, our aim is to improve patient satisfaction by providing a clean and hygienic environment.
This role is ideal for an individual with a caring nature and friendly attitude. Variety of shift patterns available - to be discussed at interview stage.Main responsibilities
Provides quality customer service to customers by providing one-on-one attention to detail.
- Sweeps, scrubs, mops and polishes floors.
- Vacuums carpets, rugs and draperies.
- Dusts and polishes furniture and fittings.
- Cleans metal fixtures and fittings.
- Empties and cleans trash containers.
- Disposes of trash in a sanitary manner.
- Cleans wash basins, mirrors, tubs and showers.
- Wipes down glass surfaces.
- Makes up beds and changes linens as required.
- Realigns furniture and amenities according to prescribed layout.
- Responds to guest queries and requests.
- Responds to calls for housekeeping problems, such as spills and broken glasses.
- Contributes to team efforts; exhibits professionalism with customers, fellow associates and others.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Awareness of high cleaning standards and be able to complete documentation on a daily basis.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Previous cleaning experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff.
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude.
This position is subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including a Disclosure & Baring Service check (no cost to the applicant).About the company
Medirest Signature is the specialist private healthcare division of Compass Group UK & Ireland. At this contract we deliver Housekeeping and Catering services within world leading private healthcare facilities.